Thread: Osborne EB-3 or Dubby Sled

Osborne EB-3 or Dubby Sled

I saw a demo on the Dubby sled yesterday at the Woodworking show and was impressed with its accuracy. Enough in fact that I bought one. I was wondering if to anybody else it seems redundant to have both the EB-3 and the Dubby and what your experinces are with the Dubby if you own one.

Thanks,
    Andrew Kertesz

I have zero experience with the Osborne but I have had great results from my almost 20 year old Dubby. I even have the old wooden style fence.

I only have one regret when it comes to my Dubby. Why the heck didn't I buy one ten years earlier? Tight, stupid, or a combination of the two? Recently, I did a seven sided frame, just because I could. Dubby makes it so simple.

I have a left Dubby, so I leave my Delta clone of the EB-3 miter gauge set up to use on the right miter slot. Don't use it often, but it is sometimes handy to use that way. Also use the miter gauge on router table and occasionally on the bandsaw.

The Dubby rocks!
    Richard

I have had my dubby for some time. It is a indispensable tool IMO. Using it now (with a cheap Blade) to cut laminate flooring to length.