Thread: Looking for book/plans Captain's Bed

Looking for book/plans Captain's Bed

I am hoping to build a Captain's bed for my daughter over the Christmas holidays. And I am trying to finalize a design. I purchase the Knotty Pine plan but I am not sure that is the way I want to build this project

In "Illustrated Cabinet Making" Hylton references 2 books, "Bed and Bedroom Furniture" and "Building a Houseful of Furniture". I picked up "Bed ...." at the local library but the copy of "Building..." was not on the shelves. It isn't at any of the local book stores either.

Does anyone have a copy of "Building a Houseful of furniture" that they are willing to lend I can refund shipping. It is suppose to have a decent set of construction drawings and plans for this style of bed.

Or does anyone know of a good sketchup plan for one?

Thanks in advance.

Denis

Blog Entries
    Do a search for: Building a Houseful of Furniture on google. There are dozens of listings where the book is available new and used.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Hey Denis,
    I also looked for captain's bed designs here, way back in 2007 I think, never did find any of decent detail. Surprised too, as I'd think this to be a common bed for folks to build their kids, but I've not found one with good storage below AND a bookcase headboard. I've read all 100 pages or so of the projects forum, didn't find one.

I've done a lot of web searching myself, here's the ones I found:
    Mate's Twin Bed - Captain's Bookcase Headboard Plans
    Captain's Beds Beds

good luck, and please post anything decent you find or your actual project, I'm still looking myself!
    Dave
    Thread on "How do I pickup/move XXX Saw?" http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?p=597898

Compilation of "Which Band Saw to buy?" threads http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...028#post692028