Thread: Mission Coffee Table

Mission Coffee Table

Well,

I have a couple projects I'm working on right now. I am refacing all my kitchen cabinets (about 80% done) but for Christmas my wife and I decided to make our gifts to each other. She has wanted a mission style coffee table for years and but she never found the one she really wanted for a decent price. So.... I made it for her! Most of it is held together with pocket screw joinery and glue. A very important and nice thing for me is it's all made out of cherry that was harvested from my family farm so I'll always have a peice of home with me. The stock was all 4/4 rough cut when I began this project. Planed to 3/4 of an inch using my thickness planer, they went from there. I think it turned out pretty nicely.

The dimensions of the top are 62x24. The base dimensions are 56x20. It's very heavy and has three 16x16 ceramic tiles in the center. They are not glued in place so if she changes the color of the room, she can change the tiles to match. I was forced to give it to her early as once I stained it I couldn't hide it under sheeting any longer. She cried when she saw it but apparently that was a good thing

I wanted to say THANK YOU to all the creekers out there that put out all this time and effort to help others in their projects. Without you folks, I never would have gotten the look I really wanted. It would have looked ok, but nothing like this!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beautiful table, and the wood from home is pretty cool too. Well done!

Can't beat when you grow the trees, harvest them, and then make a piece of furniture...
    Real nice work on the coffee table Meda.

Blog Entries
    Very nice. A good solid stance makes that table feel very grounded while the Mission elements add a lot of visual interest. Love the home grown wood aspect. We never did hear what she made you though?

I'm thinking a quilt, but she hasn't revealed it to me yet.

Great job, great to be able to make it to meet your specific needs. Thats what it is all about.

Beautiful job, and clever touch with the removable tile top.
    Thread on "How do I pickup/move XXX Saw?" http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?p=597898

Compilation of "Which Band Saw to buy?" threads http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...028#post692028