Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EZ Smart guide system

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Karachio View Post
    It is like the ultimate adult tinker toy - they have taken extrusions to the ultimate.
    Hahaha, Dan, I saw that video, and boy, did my eyes light up and I actually said out loud "ooooooOOOOooooo...."

But then I saw the price and went "UNGH", or something to that effect. Might have to buy that thing in pieces and assemble it over a couple years
    I wear my mind on my sleeve; I have a history of losing my shirt! -BNL
    A woman's work is never done-but power tools help!

Wait a minute now Jaze, if you are using a northern woodchuck this could explain a lot. The eastern woodchuck has evolved with a less severe set on the incisors and gives a smoother cut... okay, my attempt at humor is failing here. If you want to have fun, next time you see a ground hog yell out very loud, "Hey ground hog" and they will, of course, bolt upright as if to say, "You talking to me?" Endless fun.

Seriously, this post has me thinking after a long time of not thinking about this. That EZ Power Bench looks so darn cool, but it is so expensive I doubt I would ever take the plunge (no pun intended). At the same time I wish someone would incorporate the good of that product with the positives of the Festool saws and MFT, but that may not happen for some time and more than likely patent issues would be in the way. Good luck with your purchase.

Wait a minute now Jaze, if you are using a northern woodchuck this could explain a lot. The eastern woodchuck has evolved with a less severe set on the incisors and gives a smoother cut... okay, my attempt at humor is failing here. If you want to have fun, next time you see a ground hog yell out very loud, "Hey ground hog" and they will, of course, bolt upright as if to say, "You talking to me?" Endless fun.

Seriously, this post has me thinking after a long time of not thinking about this. That EZ Power Bench looks so darn cool, but it is so expensive I doubt I would ever take the plunge (no pun intended). At the same time I wish someone would incorporate the good of that product with the positives of the Festool saws and MFT, but that may not happen for some time and more than likely patent issues would be in the way. Good luck with your purchase.
    hehe I love dorky attempts at humor!

I've seen some nice DIY versions of workbenches with the bridge, which seems to be the heart of that bench. Might end up tinkering around with building a small version, depending on how well the guide system works for me.
    I wear my mind on my sleeve; I have a history of losing my shirt! -BNL
    A woman's work is never done-but power tools help!

Didn't Fred Flintstone have something like a primitive woodchuck for a hand tool?

One more on topic thought. I was waiting for Dewalt or Makita to take the next step with their track systems and offer something like a bench or table. I don't think they ever will. However, I seem to recall that the Dewalt track saw fits the EZ track or you can use the Dewalt track on the EZ track/bench. I swear, I am pretty sure I read or heard there is some connection and work around there. That might be worth checking out as that saw was reviewed by a few including the Wood Whisperer (who seems to have Festool stuff everywhere) and came as close as you can to the Festool saws. Same on quality of cut, but a little less points on design. I used one at a Woodcraft demo and it was very nice.

However, I seem to recall that the Dewalt track saw fits the EZ track or you can use the Dewalt track on the EZ track/bench. I swear, I am pretty sure I read or heard there is some connection and work around there.
    The slot in the saw base is too far from the edge to use the standard EZ anit-chip edges. You have to make your own anti-chip edges to take up the gap.

-Brian