Thread: Plywood cut list

Plywood cut list

Does anyone have a link or a picture of how sheet goods are typically broken down to make standard size cabinets? I know there are programs out there that can do it but I dont know if I want to invest in that. Thoughts?
    Best Regards,
    Justin

Look for a free program called "Cut List" and download it. It can be found on a web site called Delphiforfun. You may have to look around a bit but it is there and it is free. A little old and will require a small learning curve, but it works, and did I mention, it's free.

You may want to try Cutlist Plus, it is not a free program but it is well worth the expenditure. I may be wrong, but they may have a trial version available.
    Good Luck:
    Don Selke

Julius A. Dooman & Son Woodworking
    My Mentor, My teacher. "Gone but not forgotton"

+3 on cutlist. Great program.

5. +4 Cutlist, and Cutlist Plus are great for the purpose. It's been a while since I investigated the difference between the two -- I'm thinking that the "Plus" version allows a lot more parts for any one project. I paid for the Plus version. At the time, I was building a 23-foot run of base and upper cabinets.

Blog Entries
    You can also get a free copy of Sheetlayout that will do sheet goods and lineal materials. Their pay versions have more features and allow larger quantities of parts to be determined.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

go for cutlist plus - will save you $$ on your first big project. you can minimize waste and maximize use of expensive sheet goods and solid stock

i use the silver version - less than the cost of 2 sheets of baltic birch

Sounds good guys- Ill look into this. Thanks

I'm not sure if you use Google Sketchup to do your project design, but there is a free Cutlist plugin for Sketchup, that uses your model directly to determine the cut layout. I'm a huge fan of Sketchup, but have not tried this plugin yet, so can't comment on the ease of use. I do plan on trying this plugin for my next project (built-in wall to wall bookshelves with a enclosed media center) to see how it works out.

The overview, along with the download link, can be found here:
    http://lumberjocks.com/daltxguy/blog/5143

Justin -

I used the free version of Cutlist. You're just limited to the number of parts you can have (5 or 10) if I remember. Broke down and paid for the Plus version when I did a piece that had 20+ pieces. Go for it...you won't be disappointed.

Hello All,

It looks like CutList and SheetLayout are for Windows platforms only. Does anyone know of one for OSX / Mac? I saw where there is a plugin for Sketchup from CutList but that would be overkill for me.

TIA