Thread: Large office unit finally complete!

Large office unit finally complete!

I posted the bottom half of this desk a few weeks ago. Finally finished the rest of it and am posting pictures as-promised.

The wife is very happy.

Enjoy!

(PS, like the new image uploader here. Much easier)

P1010089.jpg

P1010094.jpg

P1010090.jpg

P1010095.jpg

P1010088.jpg

P1010093.jpg

P1010096.jpg

P1010091.jpg

One word...BEAUTIFUL!!!

Blog Entries
    A very ambitious project. It looks great. Was the gloss finish a request? It looks like it will be filled soon.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Schierer View Post
    A very ambitious project. It looks great. Was the gloss finish a request? It looks like it will be filled soon.
    Yes, my wife decided she liked the gloss finish. I probably would have knocked it down with some 4-ought, but she has the final say. And yes, there is tons of crap to go in it!

Chris,
    That sure is a great looking office you built! I can't decide what the wood is, can you fill us in a bit? I'm thinking maple with a stain or birch?

Best place to post completed project threads like this is the "woodworking projects" forum, then folks can find it in the future while browsing for ideas. Which will be me, when I finally get around to doing the office--your design is nice!
    Dave
    Thread on "How do I pickup/move XXX Saw?" http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?p=597898

Compilation of "Which Band Saw to buy?" threads http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...028#post692028

No question, mine won't look as good, but I'm going to try. Georgeous!

Nicely done! I would love to have that set up in my office.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Dave MacArthur View Post
    Chris,
    That sure is a great looking office you built! I can't decide what the wood is, can you fill us in a bit? I'm thinking maple with a stain or birch?

Best place to post completed project threads like this is the "woodworking projects" forum, then folks can find it in the future while browsing for ideas. Which will be me, when I finally get around to doing the office--your design is nice!
    Dave
    Dave,

The wood is cherry and cherry ply. I stained it Red Mahogany to get a slightly different color. And yeah, I forgot this forum had a Projects catagory.

Sweet work on this one Chris. I can see why your wife is happy...

Very nice Chris! Great job!
    Don't iritate the alligator until after you get thru the swamp.....

Chris, it looks great! I really like the design. How did you make the crown molding?
    "The key to patience is doing something else."

12. Nice job Chris! Really nice work.

Pete

Chris, that is really nice work! Well executed and good proportions; I like the corner solution and the warmth of the cherry with the mahogany stain. Gives me ideas for the office suite my wife wants me to build, thank you!
    The impossible straight away, miracles are taking a little longer....

That is a very nice looking unit, but I have one question. Is there some physical reason that the lower doors on the right section are not equal? Was this done to fit something specific?

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Allen View Post
    That is a very nice looking unit, but I have one question. Is there some physical reason that the lower doors on the right section are not equal? Was this done to fit something specific?
    My guess is the slimmer door houses the computer. I tried a similar design and had heating/cooling problems. I hope you don't Chris, that is way too nice of an office area to give problems.