Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 131 1/2" band saw blade? What do you do for odd sized blades?

I have never bought a retail packaged blade. Growing up in the Building supply business, we would special order blades for customers every week from a saw shop.. so it never occured to me to do it any other way.. Our blade supplier uses Morse, American made coil... I switched over to carbide about a year ago.

Woodcraftbands.com will make your blades for you, in most any size and type you want. He is NOT in any way connected with the Woodcraft stores. Great prices and service

Hastings Saws -- great welds

Try Hastings Saws. They take pride in their smooth welds. They fabricate any kind of blade and maerial of several manufacturers to any length you like. They are also an excellent source of advice on blade selection for various applications. They fabricate blades for woodworking, metalworking, and meat-cutting.

(888) 223-7016
    (707) 584-8541

As others have said go to an industrial supply. Spectrumsupply.com has been good for me. If you buy prepacked blades you are over paying...

If you are in or near a good sized town, check the yellow pages for a local saw shop. Sometimes you need a blade today and don't want to wait for mail order. My local shop is very price competitive with online places (no shipping!). As was mentioned above, they don't stock, but make all blades to order. I can call and it is waiting for me by the time I get there. Just as handy as having them in stock at the local woodcraft (which doesn't stock blades that fit my saw either).

Richard