Thread: Laguna Resaw Master Blade

Laguna Resaw Master Blade

I recently purchased from a local dealer and took delivery of a brand new Laguna LT18 3000 bandsaw. No problems with the bandsaw, none. She is a beauty and runs extremely well. With the bandsaw I also decided to splurge and purchased a 1" wide Resaw King blade. Lots of money but from what I had heard, it was a great blade and cuts hardwood like a hot knife through butter. This is not the case with my particular blade. I found it very hard to resaw 8"+ of wood, even softwood. I had adjusted the fence for drift and it seems to cut straight but it takes a lot of force to push the wood through. I called my dealer to see if they could test it for me but they don't have that size bandsaw. So today I purchased a standard 3/4" blade for $35 bucks to see if there was a difference. WOW, what a difference! The cheap blade cut through different samples of wood with relative ease. I am now convinced that there must be a problem with the Resaw King and I will take it back tomorrow.

Has anyone else experienced poor cutting with a Resaw King? I checked some of the teeth with a magnifying glass and it all seemed Ok but I must admit I don't know what I'm looking for except for the obvious like broken teeth.
    Last edited by Ron Breton; 12-24-2010 at 1:27 AM.

Do you mean the Resaw King? There is deffinately something wrong there

I am writing a review of carbide bandsaw blades. I will be comparing the Resaw King, Lennox Tri-master, Lennox WoodmasterCT 2tpi, and Starrett's 2-3 tpi CT blades. Comparisons will include ease of cut, cut quality, price and I will do a follow up on longevity. Look for it soon in "This is Carpentry"!
    Fullerbuilt

Was it on with the teeth pointing in the correct direction. Have never done it with a bandsaw blade but table saw blade I can tell you all about that.

Brian

I found that the Resaw King wants more force to push it than, say, the Lenox Woodmaster CT. I'm not sure whether the issue is higher TPI (2 vs 1.3), or tooth shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Eiji Fuller View Post
    Do you mean the Resaw King? There is deffinately something wrong there
    Yikes! Yes, Resaw King is what I meant. Sorry about the confusion.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ross View Post
    Was it on with the teeth pointing in the correct direction. Have never done it with a bandsaw blade but table saw blade I can tell you all about that.
    Yes, the teeth were pointing in the right direction.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Buxton View Post
    I found that the Resaw King wants more force to push it than, say, the Lenox Woodmaster CT. I'm not sure whether the issue is higher TPI (2 vs 1.3), or tooth shape.
    This is the first time I have used a large blade like this and have to idea of he force normally required. I felt the force was excessive.

Cheers

I picked up a standard 3/4" blade and it cuts much faster and just as smooth as the Resaw King. So it confirms to me that there is indeed a problem with the Resaw King and so I returned it to the dealer for him to have a look at it.