Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Work Sharp 2000 and 3000 on sale Home Depot On-Line

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hintz View Post
    not really sure what to tell you guys... it works for me without issue. I notice both Jim and Ken are Members, not contributors... maybe the thread was moved to a Contributor-only forum?
    Doesn't really matter...what does is that the order was cancelled as I wrote in post #9.

my order for the 3000 was canceled by HD

The thread was moved to deals and discounts which is a contributor-only forum

My order for the 3000 was cancelled by HD troday also.
    "Some Mistakes provide Too many Learning Opportunities to Make only Once".

Home Depot has decided that you were all spending money frivolously, and -- in consultation with your respective wives -- decided to help you save

[This IS pretty ridiculous, and is NOT helping them earn customer loyalty. Over on the ... um ... other WW website ... a fair number of people report the same thing. I tried, unsuccessfully, to place an order for the WS3000, this morning.

I really hope they honor the price for those who've been trying -- in good faith -- to buy the darned thing from them]

Mine was nixed as well.

So I called Home Depot; according to the rep Home Depot is not reordering the Worksharp at all. That's the reason why my backorder was cancelled at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Wolboldt View Post
    So I called Home Depot; according to the rep Home Depot is not reordering the Worksharp at all. That's the reason why my backorder was cancelled at least.
    You mean they don't want to reorder more of them so they can sell them to us at a loss? Disappointing...

I tried to tell everyone this was a mistake and why, but...

I am not the source of "inside information" from WorkSharp, but all you have to do is pick up the phone. From what I heard, HD did this on their own without ever talking to WorkSharp. As is quite obvious, this would not be a good move for any company to maintain a quality brand image or trust in existing customers. So, while I am sure this is really disappointing to anyone who placed an order, I would argue HomeDepot is 100% to blame. HomeDepot displayed an absurd (though typical) level of incompetence with this fiasco. Given this, are we sure we ever want HomeDepot to get into quality woodworking tools?

This is the second "too good to be true" online-sale-turned-big-oops I have seen posted here (and other places) in a few months. The 20" PowerMatic planer for $300 and now this. I'm looking forward to the next one. Kapex for $499.99? Lie Nieslen low angle jack for $49.95? SawStop 5hp cabinet saw for $675.00? Laguna 16" SUV for $500?... the possibilities are endless.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Karachio View Post
    I tried to tell everyone this was a mistake and why, but...

I am not the source of "inside information" from WorkSharp, but all you have to do is pick up the phone. From what I heard, HD did this on their own without ever talking to WorkSharp. As is quite obvious, this would not be a good move for any company to maintain a quality brand image or trust in existing customers. So, while I am sure this is really disappointing to anyone who placed an order, I would argue HomeDepot is 100% to blame. HomeDepot displayed an absurd (though typical) level of incompetence with this fiasco. Given this, are we sure we ever want HomeDepot to get into quality woodworking tools?

This is the second "too good to be true" online-sale-turned-big-oops I have seen posted here (and other places) in a few months. The 20" PowerMatic planer for $300 and now this. I'm looking forward to the next one. Kapex for $499.99? Lie Nieslen low angle jack for $49.95? SawStop 5hp cabinet saw for $675.00? Laguna 16" SUV for $500?... the possibilities are endless.
    You know, personally, I didn't try to purchase one of these things but I don't blame a single person who did. And I'm pretty sure that the vast majority of the people who did threw in the disclaimer signifying that they understood it may not be a real thing.

There were some that actually did get one, and some did not but I'm pretty sure there is not a single person on this forum that is surprised at the outcome.

So what exactly is it that you "tried to tell everyone" that we didn't already know?

Sorry, but I don't like feeling as though I'm being scolded on a semi-public recreational Internet forum.
    Last edited by Russell Smallwood; 12-28-2010 at 6:38 PM.

So WorkSharp is in the "Good Business" camp again? Just trying to keep track!

Mine just was canceled as well. Oh well back to the stones

Quote Originally Posted by Russell Smallwood View Post

Sorry, but I don't like feeling as though I'm being scolded on a semi-public recreational Internet forum.
    Then don't feel that way.

Blog Entries
    Oi vey! MY ordered WS2000 was sitting on my doorstep when I came home today.

As I posted in the other thread (short version this time), if you received a confirmation # (i.e., your order went through, but was backordered), you can get the same price you ordered it for when they get their next shipment in. The rep said wait for the stock to be refilled, then call web customer service and provide your order number. They'll honor the price.
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hintz View Post
    Oi vey! MY ordered WS2000 was sitting on my doorstep when I came home today.

As I posted in the other thread (short version this time), if you received a confirmation # (i.e., your order went through, but was backordered), you can get the same price you ordered it for when they get their next shipment in. The rep said wait for the stock to be refilled, then call web customer service and provide your order number. They'll honor the price.
    Dan, you might check my response in the other thread. Home Depot specifically said, in writing, the price would not be honored.