Thread: Grizzly mates with Craftsman! (Longish w/pix)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Grizzly mates with Craftsman! (Longish w/pix)

I posted several months ago about tying my new 1023 with my Craftsman saw in order to dedicate the Craftsman to dadoing. Over Christmas I got the time and made it happen. Grizzly carries the front rail and the rip fence guide tube in the 7' length as a replacement part so I ordered those instead of the extension kit and saved $60.00. I used a piece of 2" strap to tie the back side together. It took some slight modifications to the front rail in order to shift everything to the right far enough to make the Craftsman saw effective. I now have 6' to the right of my 1023 blade and 3' to the right of my Craftsman saw. I also undermounted my router as I had done with my Craftsman so that I can utilize the fence for all three tools.
    I then built an outfeed bench for the whole assembly out of 2x4's and melamine. It's tied to the saws with c-clamps and has carriage bolt levelers at each corner. Tonite I'm adding two swing up outfeed extensions to the outfeed bench. In my mind, this should provide good workspace and solid cutting surfaces. what do you guys think?
    Attached Images Attached Images