Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who got Christmas Woodworking Goodies?

Who got Christmas Woodworking Goodies?

Well, this year it was easy for Santa. Turns out he got me:
    1. Rockler Bench Cookies
    2. Rockler auxilliary fence clamps x2
    3. Rockler magnetic spotlight with lighted magnifying lens.

Man, those Rockler impulse-buy ads really work!

Anyone else get some stocking-stuffers for the woodshop this Christmas?
    Thread on "How do I pickup/move XXX Saw?" http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?p=597898

Compilation of "Which Band Saw to buy?" threads http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...028#post692028

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    A Lie-Nielsen 2011 calendar and a slew of gift cards.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

I got a KentCNC Dust shoe, two spacers, and a Hitachi M12VC exhaust diverter, and a K2CNC 8" linear Z axis. Both for the CNC machine. Also from me to me - the 2010 FWW DVD upgrade, the $25 Box joint blade from Sears, and some 8" and 6" spiral pipe fittings. Also got a metric Craftsman Dogbone wrench and a pair of carhart jeans (hey, they are for shop use ).
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

I guess I was lucky....I gave mom and LOML my wish lists from Lee Valley and Tools For Working wood...got some grammercy holdfasts and bow saw kit, Ashley Iles American Pattern chisels, Olsen 5 inch adjustable fret saw, Veritas side rabbet and small router planes, a 12 inch tool rest for my mini lathe, and a pair of japanese milled tooth files....and a $50 gift card for more goodies at Lee Valley.
    That which does not kill you will likely raise your insurance premiums.

My sister had her husband...who does custom metalworking of all sorts...make a 7' x10' lumber rack and J hooks to hold 6" S&D PVC DC piping. All from plans she had me draw up.

Also got a Kreg bandsaw fence from my boys.

I got dewalt combo drill kit , the 12v xrp, there so light and still powerful.I have the 18v ni cad already. A welcome addition while making cabinets.
    I also got the velcro wrist band with magnets that will screws while im under a cabinet etc.

Santa must have heard my prayers. He brought me a Bosch 18V Litheon combo set - drill, recip saw, circ saw & flashlight. And the iPad I'm typing this on. Need to write some decent woodworking apps for it now!

Woodworking related, I got a set of bench cookies and the wall rack to hold them and the set I already had. Also got one of the Incra protractors.

Bosch 1617EVS for the Jessem lift I bought in the fall, Lee Valley Japanese chisels and two LV Japenese wood rasps. Now to the shop to finish the router table that has been in a semi-fnished state waiting for the router!
    Take off a full blade, nope, too long, now take off 1/2 blade, nope, too long, now take off 1/4 blade - How the H--- can it be 1/4" short????

Kids got me 13 piece router bit set from infinity...

I got a set of 8 painter's pyramids, and 2 Sterrett 12' peel and stick measuring tapes I need for the 2 saws. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

No tool presents for me. I got a little pile of cash, some shirts, some Givenchy stuff, a subscription to FWW, and an invitation to take a romantic trip to a woodworking store. She has no clue about what any of those tools are for, although lately she guessed correctly that my Makita corded drill could be used to drill holes.

She goes by the tools' looks and she can appreciate various degrees of cuteness of some of the tools' designs. We never go to hardware stores together, unless there is also a gardening department, so it came to me as a shock when she liked a LeeValley store we visited a couple weeks ago. She marveled over their hand planes, the books, and she like the background music (they were playing Mozart that evening). We're going back to the store this coming Wednesday, as her wish is my command
    To understand recursion, one must first understand recursion

My Mom is learning / getting a little older and doesn't have the kick she used to. She feels bad when she just writes a check but it is by far the best gift you can get. I am sure it will find it's way to Lee Valley ...

Two sets of bench cookies, 45 degree lock miter bit, Lee Valley calendar, Jim Tolpin's The Toolbox Book, and the Veritas Medium shoulder plane. I guess I must've been pretty good this year!

Had a great Christmas !!!

Got the Woodpecler, Saddle Square 90 and 45, that is when they he gets them made.
    A new sanding mat from Eagle America, the old one was just about shot.
    A new screw drive set, now I can clean out all those old ones that don't match.

Now its not really a woodworking tool but it goes with the shop, now NO laughing, a foot warmer. My shop floor is not heated and gets really cold and after working out there in the evening I come in and my feet are freezing.