Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who got Christmas Woodworking Goodies?

A Dremel 300, which I've been "on again, off again" over for the past couple of months. Also new speakers for the workshop.
    Last edited by David Cefai; 12-26-2010 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Added speakers

I got a Bosch 4410 from My Wife

Blog Entries
    I had a great Christmas with all (4) kids and (9) grandkids coming over yesterday. We had a great day.

As for woodworking goodies I got some gift cards. So far I've spent one of them at Lee Valley on 24" Veritas Steel Straight Edge, 36" Veritas Steel Straight Egde, Lee Valley Feeler Gauges. Looking forward to using a couple more of them.

PHM

I was very spoiled due to some special blessings:

Shop Fox Mini Lathe (with a Proxxon chisel Set, face shield, and a scoop to connect to the dust collector, and calipers)
    The Narex Mortise Chisel Set from Lee Valley
    A small Japanese Pull Saw
    A marking knife and guage
    A used #4 Stanley that cuts like butter
    A used Stanley block plane - iron needs a bit more work.

Some Jeans, and a nice shop jacket from my wife.

Very blessed this year!
    Sawdust is some of the best learning material!

I got a lovely 1.5 horse steel city dust collector from my lovely bride. Oh, and the best gift: watching my 4 year old daughter's face when she opened her presents.

Blessed indeed.
    Paul

Well, I used to get shirts, ties, and all kinds of things that I just didn't need. Most of the gifts were in the 15-20 dollar range. Now, I simply ask for clamps. I'm getting a nice collection of smaller clamps, but I need some richer friends to get some of the better clamps.

Got a Wixey digital caliper and height gauge, a 10.8v battery for my Makita drill set 10 steel fold-able horses and a Jawhorse. Bunch of other smaller wood and finish related items.

Ho Ho Ho! Merry Christmas To Me!

When you get to be my age, you ARE Santa! Yeah yeah, I look like him Too!

So, three days before Christmas I made another trip to Omaha to pick up another eBay prize! It's a 1992 Powermatic Model 27 shaper. 3/4" interchangeable spindle. 5hp, 3ph Baldor motor. It even had a Freud 2x2 panel raiser still mounted. For $367, how can a guy go wrong? I'll drive my GMC sleigh 12 hours anyday for a Christmas present like that!

Merry Christmas to all! ...and, remember the Real Reason For The Season!

~Santa Chip~

Look Like Santa Tee.jpg

PM27 Omaha 2.jpg
    Last edited by Chip Lindley; 12-27-2010 at 11:11 AM.
    [/SIGPIC]Necessisity is the Mother of Invention, But If it Ain't Broke don't Fix It !!

My wife got me a new Bosch Glide Dual Bevel Compound Miter saw - and I really love both of them!

A LN skew rabbit plane, LV small router plane and a mini LV edge plane. Got the mini edge plane because I collect Edge planes (don't know why).

The Squeeze really out did herself this year. Besides renewing my subscriptions to Woodsmith and Shopnotes, she gave me a US $300.00 WoodCraft gift card.

Blog Entries
    my mother got me the Porter Cable Pin100 nailer as an early xmas gift when it was on sale at HD a month or so ago
    and i just ordered the Work Sharp 3000 from HD that is on sale but back ordered so that is a late xmas gift along with
    the Excalibur scroll saw im getting in a couple weeks when i get paid. Merry Christmas & Happy Birthday to me!
    Last edited by Kevin Gregoire; 12-27-2010 at 2:16 AM.

I got the Kreg pocket hole kit from Rockler on sale for $99.99
    Epilog EXT 40 watt, Legend 24TT 45 watt, Corel 3X, Deckel pantographs, Meistergram 18-28 (2)

You guys are lucky. My wife got me a big list of things she wants me to make for her. I mean for the house.

I shouldn't bitch (and I'm not). I did build the shop in 2010.

While not a woodworking tool, a goodie for the shop that SWMBO and the kids gpt me completely blew me away - a Craftsman upper and lower tool chest set - ball bearing drawers. 5 drawers in each, and ones in the base unit are huge.

UG