Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Saw Blade Recommendation

Ridge Carbide TS2000TK, Infinity Combomax Lite (010-150), and Freud Fusion TK are all very reasonable alternatives to the 40T WWII. The Tenryu Gold Medal is comparable quality but has a unique mid-kerf of 0.111". The 30T TK WWII is a good choice too if you do a lot of thicker ripping, and don't plan to do much ply or fine crosscutting with it. Inversely, the Infinity 010-060 (similar to the WWI) is an excellent choice if you don't do a lot of thick ripping....it gives clean rips to ~ 5/4", outstanding ply and crosscuts. The Freud LU88 has similar strengths but isn't quite as adept at ply and crosscuts.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

I must be the only one that is not impressed with Freud. I have used Forrest blades for the last 25 years or so and have been happy with them, except for one thin kerf blade I bought by mistake. I never felt that cut as good as the full kerf. Might just be my perception but always felt that way about it. I keep reading good things about Freud so picked up a couple, the glue line rip and 80 tooth crosscut one. I think I paid around 175 for two blades, never again. I keep having to switch blades and I don't think either one cuts as good as the Forrest. I will go back to Forrest and have one blade that does everything pretty darn good.

Phil