Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amazing bandsaw magic!

Amazing bandsaw magic!

I checked, he still has all 10 fingers!

http://www.wimp.com/bandsawmagic/
    Last edited by John Keeton; 01-03-2011 at 7:09 AM.

OMG!!!

Do NOT try this at home kids!
    Quando Omni Flunkus - Moritatem!

I was thinking he was making a pinewood derby car - WOW

Child's play...

...for the children of some advanced alien race.

i've seen that done at the woodshow. the carter booth does them.

In fact, that is Carter's video. It's been around a while but it seems to be circulating again. My wife has one of those reindeers, she tends to attract the attention of the sales guys in the wood shows as there aren't too many women in attendance who are actually interested in what's going on. I wanted the little bandsaw box he also did, but she wasn't able to score that for me.

What they're selling is the "Stabilizer" bandsaw guide. I have one. It is pretty cool. I've got the regular carter guides as well, so I can switch it in in a few seconds. The blade does twist but it is supported by the grooved wheel. You can cut about twice as sharp a turn as you would think you ought to be able to. I did press it too far once and the blade came off the wheels of my saw.

I actually saw thisw guy do this at the baltimore WW show a couple of years back. It was AMAzing how much he was flexing that BS blade. I am sure after a show that blade it no more good.

Thanks,
    Keith
    "The element of competition has never worried me, because from the start, I suppose I realized wood contains so much inspiration and beauty and rhythm that if used properly it would result in an individual and unique object." - James Krenov

What you do speaks so loud, I cannot hear what you say. -R. W. Emerson

Weird coincidence. I was testing a Linux live DVD I had "built" to have adobe flash already installed in Firefox. I just happened to hit the version of that video on Youtube when I was looking for a video to test the Flash.

Just FYI, after i jumped through all the hoops to build the DVD, i found one pre-made called LinuxMint. Just download the ISO and burn the DVD.

I don't think that is a Carter video, first it isn't Alex Snodgrass who usually does the reindeer and second I don't see the stabilizer on the saw it looks like standard block guides from the rear. Based on the background I think it must have been done for Olson blades. I have seen Alex do a bunch of them over the years but never that fast, he is usually talking between cuts explaining the benefits of the stabilizer.

I found this quote from Adam regarding the clip:

"This was at the Pamona Woodworking show a few years ago.
    I used the Olson Bandsaw Blades and urethane tires on a 12″ Craftsman.I cut out this deer pattern to illustrate the versitlity that bandsaw can achieve by upgrading some components of the saw."

No matter what it is or who dun it that was amazing

Quote Originally Posted by David Nelson1 View Post
    No matter what it is or who dun it that was amazing
    I agree and should have been more upfront with my real point which is this video was done using a so-so saw with very basic guides. Although I am not sure how much the tires add to the equation a good blade on a well tuned saw can do amazing things in the right hands.

I saw this guy at the WW'n show in Schaumburg/Chicago he was trying to sell Carter guides I could have sworn...

My BIL got the reindeer....he is 9....

Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Martin View Post
    I saw this guy at the WW'n show in Schaumburg/Chicago he was trying to sell Carter guides I could have sworn...

My BIL got the reindeer....he is 9....
    Are you sure it wasn't Alex Snodgrass? The stabilzer is his patent and he usually does the reindeer at the Carter booth.

http://www.carterproducts.com/produc...=482&cat_id=14

Does anyone know what blade he is using?