Thread: Kreg router table

Kreg router table

I received a Bosch 1617 router for Christmas and I'm looking at the Kreg floor standing router table. Does anyone have any experience with this unit? It looks well made and has a good fence. This is my first router and table. I would like to build Norn's table but that is not going to happen at this time. Thanks for any info.

Bill

Bill

I built the Norm table several years ago and have used it extensively. Its a good table but the slide/adjustment part of the fence leaves alot to be desired. I have been checking out the Kreg table for a while now and will probably get it eventually. I haven't seen it other than on the internet but the fence looks great. I have also thought about building a table with a granite top and purchasing the Kreg fence seperately to mount to it.
    Hopefully someone with the Kreg fence will post a review, I would be interested to hear about it.

Paul,

A granite top with the Kreg fence would be great. I have the Steel City band saw with granite top and I love it. How would you machine the top? Miter slot?

Bill

I drooled over that fence for a while, but I can't see how it would ever attach to my table saw extension. It uses some of the same parts as their bandsaw fence and I have that. The micro adjuster is the same and probably much more useful on a router fence. There is a basic video review on YouTube by thintz12 who seems to review A LOT of tools!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Sherman View Post
    Paul,

A granite top with the Kreg fence would be great. I have the Steel City band saw with granite top and I love it. How would you machine the top? Miter slot?

Bill
    I would have a granite installer cut the insert for my Benchdog lift and the miter slot. I wouldn't try to do any of the granite machining myself. I would probably set the granite on top of some 3/4" MDF and wrap the granite and MDF with some oak. Then attach the Kreg fence to the oak.
    Last edited by Paul Greathouse; 12-27-2010 at 9:56 PM. Reason: additional information

Hey bill was wondering if you have looked at the one jessem has or no??. Is there a reason your looking at kreg?

I have Kreg Table and Fence and they are Great. I always check the Fence when I move it and it is always True.

Mike,
    I have not seen the Jessem except online. I have seen a Kreg demo and layed hands on it at Highland Woodworking and it seems like a quality piece of equipment.

Bill

I have the Kreg table fence and router lift. Would not trade for any other that I have seen or used.

Mark

I have the Kreg fence with a Rockler lift on a solid surface table. I love the fence, adjusts easily adn square. Moves easily too. The rockler lift is OK. I most likely not purchase it again, I would look at an aluminum one with the height adjustment on the side.

Rob