Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Netflix

Netflix

We have used Netflix for over 4 years. Their turn around for movies is outstanding. I can drop a movie in the mail on Monday and receive a new one on Wednesday-postage free. I live in a rural aea so just put it in the mailbox for pickup-no trips to the post office. We stream some through our laptop which works out just fine. Any defective are replaced promptly with no questions asked. My wife and I walk a lot on a treadmill and it is great for viewing videos while walking.

For me, the real advantage of Netflix is obscure movies like Tsotsi, Bad Boy Bubby, Visitor Q, Martyrs, Sin Nombre, North Face, Gozu, Ex Drummer and the like. I can watch a streaming movie and stop to take a leak and continue 2 days later. Most newly released movies, for me, are not watching at all much less the Tuesday they are released so that never bothered me. Besides, I can rent them down the street for $1.50 if I really have the need. I may do that if I don't score "Inception" on Jan 4th.

BTW, my download speed is 5 mb. I had NF a few years ago with 2 mb and it was still good.

I have been a customer forever and now I stream on my computer. However, I spent hard earned money for a HD plasma, 5.1 sound and one of the first blue ray players. Streaming quality is not blue ray quality and when me and the wife sit down for movie time, it's nice to have the best possible sound and image. I'm sure this will change, but for now we get the good movies mailed and the old TV type stuff streamed.

FYI, since I have to watch movies my wife likes, there is nothing that compares to a Jane Austin movie on Blue Ray and 5.1 DTX. The clippity clop of the carriage horses moving across the sound field, being immersed in the conversations in the grand ball room, the stunning detail of a hand embroidered gown... truly amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Burt Alcantara View Post
    I can watch a streaming movie and stop to take a leak and continue 2 days later.
    What the heck are you drinking? 2 days? How long did you hold it in?

Thank you everyone...

Rod

For the LONGEST time I didn't have cable TV, or even an antenna. A couple of years back, we signed up for Netflix. We got the plan that allows us to have one video out at a time, and unlimited streaming video. I have to say that for the price, we've been very pleased and the service has been speedy and reliable. Thankds to a couple of show my wife likes to watch, i.e. the Drinking and Smoking show (Madmen, I believe), we now have cable TV, but mostly we just occasionally watch a Netflix video, either streaming or ordered.

I should qualify this by saying that my TV is hooked up to a Mac mini, so it's incredibly convenient to watch the Netflix streaming stuff.

Anyhow, Netflix seems to have a good model and they're cheap. Anyone who knows me knows that I have almost zero use for television and things like that, but Netflix really seems to have their act together. For heaven's sakes, I can stream Nova documentaries! That's just my opinion.

I am fairly new to netflix and use the instant watch function mostly.(directv ...i dropped them after 15 years of rising prices)
    I only wish i could download ahead of time due to my dsl limitations.
    There will never be a shortage of folks telling you why you can't or shouldn't do something...even though much has been accomplished that hasn't been done before !