Thread: Shop Cabinet Parts - Drawer Slides

Shop Cabinet Parts - Drawer Slides

My new shop is almost completed and I am getting ready to build all new cabinets.

I plan to use prefinished birch plywood for the cabinets. It is not cheap at $61 for the 3/4" and $46 for the 1/2". I think that it will be worth the extra cost.

I am looking for 22" drawer slides, full extension and 100 lbs. I would like to find some for a reasonable cost. I have found some advertised on ebay from stores that are pretty reasonable at about $10 a pair and the pictures look good. However, I am hesitant about dealing with someone I know nothing about.

Does anyone suggestions about where to find such drawer slides and had a good experience with them?

I get my plywood from Liberty Hardwoods in KC, and also get my hardware from them. They also have some pretty good discs for my ros. The guides are bulk, and you have to also buy the screws separately. But everything is priced right. If I were you, I'd check my plywood supplier. I asked if they stock the belts for my sander, 16 x 48, and they don't handle anything that small.

I usally buy mine for projects like that from woodworkers hardware , the economy slides. They are fine in my opinion and have used boxes of them.

Gary
    "Chaos is the law of nature. Order is the dream of man."
    Wallace Stegner

I'll second the motion for woodworkers Hardware. I have built all of my shop cabinets so far with their slides and they work great.

Try http://www.gliderite.com/.. you have to buy in boxes of 10 sets but they are great slides and a resonable price..i have bought many boxes from them without any problems.

Check with your local hardwood/sheetgoods dealer, they often have the slides, and in this economy they may have overstock that was ordered in for customers who went belly up before getting the goods. It can be an opportunity to score some hardware cheap.
    It came to pass...
    "Curiosity is the ultimate power tool." - Roy Underhill
    The road IS the destination.

Thanks for the suggestions on the drawer slides. I am going to purchase some from either woodworkers hardware or gliderite and see how they work.

Hi Guys!

Timely thread here! I ordered 10 sets of the Accuride 8382's (16" and 20", 5 each) from Woodcraft last week at a cost of about $173 plus shipping. It looks like similar slides are available from Woodworkers Hardware for around $62 plus shipping. The Woodworkers Hardware website says their slides are comparable to the Accuride 8382's...anyone have an opinion on that? Are they just as good, at one-third the price?

I'm pretty sure the Woodcraft slides are going back. I think I'll need to be more cautious in the future.

Patrick

Blog Entries
    Another Woodworker's Hardware customer here. I have also bought them through McFeely's during a sale. $6 - $7 a a pair is about right for 550mm (+/- 22"). Both brands have been in use in the shop for years and still work like they did on day one.

Ah, just noticed a mailer I received from Woodworker's Hardware. Save 20% - KVTT100 B22, 21-3/4" slides, $5.24 per set in packs of 10 sets.
    Last edited by glenn bradley; 01-02-2011 at 2:05 PM.

I have had really good luck with Ovis Online. I always buy the full extension, 100-lb slides. Prices vary on length from about 8.00/pr to 12.00/pr. Today, they are on sale for 8.99/pair for the 22 inch slides. I have about 50 drawers in the shop and in the house with this type of slide.
    Fred

"Precision woodscraps"