Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jet Off-White Paint?

Matt, Sherwin-Williams will mix a quart of industrial alkyd enamel in the more basic colors. I am sure your Jet off-white could be matched perfectly. Instead of spraying, roll it on the outside surfaces of your mobile stand with a foam roller. You will be surprised at the nice finish it gives with slower drying enamel. Of course, some tight places will have to be brushed, but won't be in plain view either.
    [/SIGPIC]Necessisity is the Mother of Invention, But If it Ain't Broke don't Fix It !!

Jet is very good about supplying touch-up paint, so I'll bet they would also be happy to send you standard information on the color [I can't remember the color standards, but when I worked for NASA, we found a car in the parking lot with a color we liked, got the name from the manufacturer for an industry standard database of colors, and took it to a paint dealer who reproduced it for us. It may be limited to automotive paints, but its worth asking.

The local Benjamin-Moore dealer does outstanding color matches given a small sample. The new computer matching at your local paint or chain hardware store (e.g., Ace) works quite well, but a practiced human can do even better.

I've had S-W match the old, old Powermatic green for me in the past. I too the porkchop for my jointer and they used the underside that had basically never seen daylight. But I was looking for a $4-5 spray can not a $50 gallon. The red will look cool.

Plus I need to get it done--J/P is at the local freight terminal as of 7AM!

Matt,

The red will look good with the racing stripes on the base of the J/P

Greg A.
    Some people seem brighter after being set on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meiser View Post
    Wait...you're supposed to have the tool stand done BEFORE you get the tool?!? maybe that's my problem....
    I wear my mind on my sleeve; I have a history of losing my shirt! -BNL
    A woman's work is never done-but power tools help!

Yeah, I figure move the 600lb machine once instead of twice!

Turns out today is a holiday for the trucking company so I have to wait until Monday

This should do the trick. Its red red, not orangish as it appears on my monitor.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Matt,

Looks great. Says a lot for you to have a custom mobile base made and painted before the tool shows up.

PHM

Quote Originally Posted by Paul McGaha View Post
    Matt,

Looks great. Says a lot for you to have a custom mobile base made and painted before the tool shows up.

PHM
    I think it says "overachiever."

Matt, for the record, which red did you use? I had to paint the blade guard on my bandsaw. It had previously been plated but the plating came off. I used Rustoleum "safety red" and I've since found all sorts of other uses for it.

Do-It-Best brand. I think it was called Cherry Red or something like that. I use theirs frequently for stuff like this because its inexpensive, fast drying, and seems to hold up well. I wouldn't use it outside though.

I'm glad I got it done because I know I'm going to be impatient when it arrives and want it up and running. This way I can move it off the pallet onto the base.

I just went out and snapped the inserts into the open tubing ends so I'm all ready to go.
    Last edited by Matt Meiser; 01-01-2011 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meiser View Post
    I've had S-W match the old, old Powermatic green for me in the past. I too the porkchop for my jointer and they used the underside that had basically never seen daylight. But I was looking for a $4-5 spray can not a $50 gallon. The red will look cool.

Just for the record, no need to buy a gallon; at least not from my local Sherwin-Williams dealer. Quarts are $19.99. Enjoy your REDDDD!!
    [/SIGPIC]Necessisity is the Mother of Invention, But If it Ain't Broke don't Fix It !!

I'll have to check another store--mine said they could only do gallons of the industrial enamel.

13. Very Nice! I really wish i knew how to weld :/