Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where can I get plastic dust collector bags for my Harbor Freght 2 HP dust collector?

Blog Entries

Question Where can I get plastic dust collector bags for my Harbor Freght 2 HP dust collector?

Where can I get plastic dust collector bags for my Harbor Freight 2HP dust collector?
    Thanks
    Dennis

Got mine from Wynn Environmental -- $13 for 10 @ 4mil/each:

http://wynnenv.com/35A_series_cartridge_kit.htm

Harbor Freight. Or if not available, Fastenal will source your specific need. My minimum order has always been 50 bags though. YMMV
    Mick

The bags that I bought from Wynn did not fit well at all and needed to be stretched and wound up ripping. Someone suggested getting the contractor grade garbage bags from BORG. They are slightly big (diameter wise), but that's not an issue since that band clamp holds the bag tight in place.

I use the contractor bags from menards on my powermatic dc, works great!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Monson View Post
    I use the contractor bags from menards on my powermatic dc, works great!!
    Yeah, me too. They are a larger diameter, but by overlapping the excess portion , they work well.

I ordered 4 mil bags from McMaster Carr to use as drum liners on my cyclone. I had to order 25 or 50 but the cost was pretty low per bag so it was worthwhile. They have a wide variety of sizes available.

The bags I got from Wynn Environmental fit my HF dust collector with no problem. I got several when I purchased my filter cartidge.

Matt, how do you keep the bags from being sucked up into the cyclone
    thanks, David

Off the wall solution - build a Phil Thien trashcan separator. Since building mine a year ago or so, I still don't have a layer of dust all the way across the bottom of the bag. This is despite emptying the trashcan at least 6 times. I don't think I'll ever need to buy another bag.

+ 1 for contractor bags

I use the heavy duty bags from the BORG on my HF DC. I put them inside of a garbage can after I attach them to the DC, this prevents them from blowing out if a piece of wood accidently gets poked into the side of the bag...but I wouldn't know that from experience or anything...talk about a dust storm!

They are a bit big, but I just wrap it around and tape it with a short piece of packing tape. That let's me put the band clamp on with both hands and not have to fumble with the bag at the same time.

Are you guys getting black contractor bags? Or are they available in clear? I recall someone recommending some clear trash bags before I got my DC. But I do not recall were they were getting them.

James

James, I use the black ones, the original Powematic bags were clear but also $5 each, I dont mind the black ones and they are just as durable. I dont feel guilty throwing out a 1/2 full bag anymore.

I got mine from Woodworker's Supply. They have however really gone up in price since the last time I bought some.

Quote Originally Posted by James White View Post
    Are you guys getting black contractor bags? Or are they available in clear? I recall someone recommending some clear trash bags before I got my DC. But I do not recall were they were getting them.

James

I get the black ones as well..a quick poke in the side of the bag tells me how full it's getting.