Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Home Depot To Honor WorkSharp 3000 Price of $62.25

I got my email and the Same sweet voiced lady reinstated my order too. Needless to say from past experience I was extremely Pleasantly surprised that they were going to actually step up and honor the closeout prices, since it will be fairly costly to honor several thousand orders, BUT......... when you really put it into PERSPECTIVE, think about this: Compare the cost to HD that "THIS" will be to what they spend for several 1 minute "TV SPOTS" during a Major Sporting Event and the fact that they are creating GOOD WILL with Proven BUYING Customers vs a shot in the dark with the TV Spots and it just MIGHT be the BEST and most Cost Effective advertising they have ever done. Just something to mull over, but KUDOS to HD for their honorable action.
    I WISH everyone a Safe and Happy New Year, and lots of fun in the New Year playing with their new Christmas Toys.
    "Some Mistakes provide Too many Learning Opportunities to Make only Once".

Just had a phone call this afternoon from HD suggesting that a way around my dilema (i.e. them not taking a Canadian credit card)was to purchase a HD gift card at the local HD and using it for payment. They will also look at why they don't take Canadian c/c over the net when they take them in the U.S. stores. So the comment that they are taking customer service seriously appears to be bang on.

This whole incident gives me a warm fuzzy

Quote Originally Posted by fRED mCnEILL View Post
    Just had a phone call this afternoon from HD suggesting that a way around my dilema (i.e. them not taking a Canadian credit card)was to purchase a HD gift card at the local HD and using it for payment. They will also look at why they don't take Canadian c/c over the net when they take them in the U.S. stores. So the comment that they are taking customer service seriously appears to be bang on.

Doesn't this just take the cake. Good for you, good for Home Depot. Agreed, they may very well be taking a new look at
    "SERVICE". They have made a lot of happy folks, and kudos to them.

All the Best for THE NEW YEAR.

Art.

Yes, this was a very good recovery to the outright lies and drivel that Customer Service for "homedepot.com" gave to people who inquired what was going on when their original orders went from CONFIRMED to BACK ORDERED to CANCELLED. Frankly it wasn't so much that they cancelled the order (which was an unbelievable price) but the absolute disasterous response I got to polite inquiries at CS afterward.

At least the president's office decided to set things straight once things got escalated high enough.

I was very surprised and pleased with the way HD handled this issue. Like others, I would not have been upset if they had cancelled the order - mistakes do happen. I'll bet the marketing person who set those prices is on the hot seat now.

But as others said, this is really a good demonstration of the change in HD and their commitment to customer service. Looks like they're recovering from the time they had that bozo for a president and CEO.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.