Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: What's your confession?

Clarence,

Perhaps we can work a deal--I hate building jigs but love using them. How about a circle cutting jig for a bandsaw?

I confess that I feel so much better after reading all of your confessions!!!!

I am not alone!

Grin--my wife absolutely needs to read this thread so she will realize, its not me who has the problem!!

Joel

Blog Entries
    With all due respect to Lee Valley tools, I think I'd prefer the Halle Barry wallpaper.

As for a confession, I suppose I am easily guilty of coveting some of my fellow creekers workshops (Not to mention skill levels).

PHM

Yesterday I heard that you can get an iPhone ap for confessions for $1.95. We can do it right here for free!
    Veni Vidi Vendi Vente! I came, I saw, I bought a large coffee!

I confess I Like SS threads.

Is February too late for confession... I hope not. Either way, here goes:

I confess to reading about and talking about my hobbies (especially woodworking) more than actually doing them.
    I confess to being scared to death to reveal my ignorance by asking questions, but only when it comes to woodworking for some reason.
    I confess to buying tools when I should have paid off some CC debt, instead.
    And finally I confess to letting those tools sit and gather dust while I try to pay off said debt AND save enough money up to buy materials on which to use those tools!

Oh yeah, and I confess that I am not as good at being as I should be and consequently it took me three years after becoming a contributing member of SMC to make my first post!

I confess that my shop was a pigsty and I left it that way for 3 weeks. I finally cleaned it up a few days ago.

I confess that last night I used $16,000 worth of tools to make what amounts to a nice board with two holes in it.

I confess to buying tools I don't use much. Finished installin laminate floor in our entire house, then telling my wife I wanted to insulate my shop. She told me, not until I put a floor in the attic. I admit to putting the floor down ,just so I can start insulating my shop.

I confess that this has been one VERY long day, that I am going to go home and make a pitcher of Margaritas, and I just might drink the whole darn thing. I also confess that in order to make this pertinent to wood working I will stir the Margaritas with my hand carved wooden spoon.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

Quote Originally Posted by Belinda Williamson View Post
    I confess that this has been one VERY long day, that I am going to go home and make a pitcher of Margaritas, and I just might drink the whole darn thing. I also confess that in order to make this pertinent to wood working I will stir the Margaritas with my hand carved wooden spoon.
    I confess to wanting to see pictures. Pictures of the wooden spoon of course.
    <-------- Knows nothing of WoodWorking. Wants to know everything about WoodWorking.

There has been a lot o' confessin' in this thread, some of which is mine, I wanna know when the absolution is comin'!

Quote Originally Posted by Van Huskey View Post
    There has been a lot o' confessin' in this thread, some of which is mine, I wanna know when the absolution is comin'!
    I think we are just confessin' for the sake of confessin' . . . you're resposible for your own absolution. As best I can tell so far there ain't ben no real sinnin' goin' on. . .

On second thought, there could have been some of that lustin' after your neighbors woodworking tools and stuff. I guess you have to judge your own heart and intentions.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

I think we are just confessin' for the sake of confessin' . . . you're resposible for your own absolution. As best I can tell so far there ain't ben no real sinnin' goin' on. . .

On second thought, there could have been some of that lustin' after your neighbors woodworking tools and stuff. I guess you have to judge your own heart and intentions.

I thought coveting thy neighbors tools was a requirement not a sin...

I am guilty of lusting after others tools, that for sure. I am in the market for a dedicated morticer now. Probably a bench model. I wish there was not a $55 dollar shipping charge at woodcraft to order the PM701 model.
    <-------- Knows nothing of WoodWorking. Wants to know everything about WoodWorking.