Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your confession?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Philip Rodriquez View Post
    I confess to:

[SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]I have more money than time...
    Similar confession but the dyslexic version. I have lots of time and not enough money. And as another confessed, I put off retiring because my woodworking would not have enough $$$ to support it.

Don, I thought I was the only one who did this! Kindred spirits, yo!

I confess that I frequently enter the shop only to pull out my dial indicator jig, verify my TS blade is within 0.0005" parallel to the miter slot, nod in approval, and leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Robinson View Post
    I confess that I frequently enter the shop only to pull out my dial indicator jig, verify my TS blade is within 0.0005" parallel to the miter slot, nod in approval, and leave.

Sometimes I just go out to admire my machines, and must confess I have on occasion petted one, usually a bandsaw.

Quote Originally Posted by Clarence Miller View Post
    I confess that I enjoy building jigs and fixtures to use for woodworking more than woodworking itself.
    I confess that I absolutely detest building jigs and fixtures and will spend hours trying to figure out how to do it without building one .... only to end up spending hours building one.
    Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.
    -Bill Watterson

Reminds me of my safari in Africa. Somebody forgot the corkscrew and for several days we had to live on nothing but food and water.
    -W. C. Fields

Once or twice I've used a screwdriver to pry something instead of using a pry bar. But it didn't hurt the screwdriver - really, it didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Van Huskey View Post
    I confess I like Snowflakes even in July
    Man, I'd really like to have a Snowflake. A great big ol' 36 incher. Can't fault you there.

I confess to having not taken a pic of a completed project for the last 12-18 months. I just never seem to get around to it anymore.

Like today. Oops.
    Last edited by Gary Herrmann; 01-03-2011 at 7:08 PM.
    Where did I put that tape measure...

Quote Originally Posted by Van Huskey View Post
    Sometimes I just go out to admire my machines, and must confess I have on occasion petted one, usually a bandsaw.
    A pet is different from a stroke is different from a pat is different from a caress is different from a fondle. So which was it?

I confess to the following:

Buying things i don't need when it's on clearance.

Buying wood and hardware for a project and never doing that project.

Saying yes to favors when I should be saying no.

Spending more time on something than I should due to being side tracked.

Getting annoyed when the workers at woodcraft and rockler treat me like a child, thus i'm growing a mustache and beard to look older.

Finally, I confess to building the weirdest things as gifts. For example this is a sewing thread spool holder for my aunt that rotates on a lazy susan bearing. Cut a 4x4 redwood post with a band saw and stuck dowels in it... Looks like a modern art wooden cactus or something..
    IMG_20101228_211804.jpg

I also confess that my table saw was only cluttered in that picture because I was cleaning the shop.

I confess to delaying the completion of my new house into 2011 so that I can use the property tax savings to buy more woodworking machines that I do not need. Mother-in-law's basement isn't so bad after all.

Greg Stahl

11. I confess to having read every one of these confusions...even though not one of them applies to me.

I confess to buying a Hitachi plunge router and a HVLP unit over two years ago and I have not used them yet.

I confess to being a 29 year old who spends his lunch breaks talking online to mostly older men (no offense guys) about woodworking with hand tools.

I confess to posting questions about which tool (plane, saw, chisel, etc) I should buy even though all the ones I mention are of the same quality and the only way to tell which one I will prefer is by actually trying them.

And finally, I confess to not flattening my water stones after each use... GASP!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ian maybury View Post
    How's about another year gone by, and the shop re-layout is only now heading into the completion stages???
    Is that not right??? I guess I confess too then ;-)

You're supposed to flatten your waterstones? I thought the dips were intended.