Thread: Merissa's Music box

Merissa's Music box

I made this box from Curley Maple & Padauk. Finished with BLO & Arm- r- seal gloss. I included a sliding tray on top & removeable dividers inside.

This was my first attempt at hand cut motises for hinges. I made lots of mistakes along the way since I built this without plans & off the top of my head. But I learned quite a bit.

The movement plays Music Box Dancer. This is my first attempt at something of this magnatude (for me) since I’ve only been woodworking for a few months. I also tried some inlays that didn’t turn out so well so I scrapped them. All in all I learned alot from the project & the info posted on this site. My thanks to all who share thier knowlege in these forums
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm sure Merissa is going to be very happy with her new music box Dea. Nice looking curly maple and it goes well with the padauk.
    Don't worry about the mistakes as we seem to be the hardest on ourselves... I find the learning never stops.

Dea this awsome looking , anyone that didn't like this - they would have to have something wrong with them ......Love it ........
    Usually busier than a cat in a sand box