Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Russ Fairfield

Russ Fairfield

Don't know if anyone has seen his website or has met or know Russ Fairfield but his website has a wealth of info. I found out some info today that is very sad. He had brain surgery where they removed a tumor which it turned out was cancerous earlier this last year I believe in October. They thought they had it all but did not want to touch the brain. He did get home and seemed to be doing well but had lost all his memory of woodturning.

Apparently the doctors have given the family a very grim prognosis in the last few days indicating that Russ has little time left to live. He's on a lot of medication and is reported to be reasonably free of pain. If you would like to visit, do it soon. Russ is still at the Life Care Center in Post Falls. Cards to his home should be address to 3075 Burgandy Trail, Post Falls, Idaho 83854.

I had never met him but have e-mailed back and forth several times with him with questions and he would always be there to help. I have been to his site and read almost everything he has written there especially his Finishing Secrets.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

That is a shame I have been refered to his writtings since day one and follow many of his finishing techniques.

I will pray for him and his family

Ah no...

That's really sad.

Thanks for letting us know Bernie.
    CarveWright Model C
    Stratos Lathe
    Jet 1014
    Half-a-Brain

Really sorry to hear this. I never met Russ, but I frequently referred to his site for tips on finishing and making pocket watches. Thanks for letting us know, Bernie. Russ and his family will be in my prayers.

The turning world has lost a Giant if his memory of turning is gone. Very sad. We all pray that he will survive and recover his health and memory.....Ron
    A turning a day keeps the doctor away.

I pray for his family and that his suffering ends quickly.

I took a look at his site Bernie and recall looking at it before, what a shame, he sure was a good turner. We will pray for him and his family.

I just visited Russ's page today to look at his many great teachings, then heard this sad news. He has so much wisdom to share and has passed on so many lessons for which I'll be thankful. I wish Russ and his family the best. Thank you Russ.
    Dick Mahany.

Like so many of us, I too learned so much from Russ's website. Thank you for putting this information on the forum, Bernie, and godspeed to Russ.
    A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.
    Ayn Rand

Bernie, thanks for letting us know. Heart felt prayers have been sent to Russ and his family.

I have never met Russ but have always considered him to be a prime example of the way a turner should be. His sharing of what he knew about turning helped us all and I will always be thankful.

May God bless him and watch over him and his family.
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

I've gone to his site many many times for inspiration & education. Went through 2 brain tumor surgeries with my FIL in the past 3 years, thank God every day that his were not cancerous. My thoughts and prayers go out to Russ and his family.
    "If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy" -Red Green

Tennant Creek , Northern Territory, Australia.
    I am sorry to hear this. I have been to his site a number of times.

Wow.
    I actually stumbled onto his site this past week doing a search for some finishing techniques. I found his story fascinating and his work amazing. My thoughts will be with him and his family.

It is certainly sad to hear this.

Thanks for sharing Bernie.

I have three of his finishing DVDs and they are a wealth of knowledge. He is such a down to earth man!
    A few hours south of Steve Schlumpf