Thread: Folding salad tongs?

Folding salad tongs?

Hi,

Since my last plan endeavor here on the Creek ended in success I thought I'd ask the wonderful people here about a new set of plans I'm looking for.

I'm looking for plans for folding salad tongs that DO NOT need to use a microwave to make the spring action. There has got to be a better way.... You know, the ones that fold flat for storage but then fold the other way and have the spring action. They look fairly easy to make and I'm sure I could figure it out but if someone has plans, I'd love that!

Thanks!
    Wood is very beautiful in tree form. Wood is very useful in burning form. I merely try to make my work honor the first, avoid the latter, and aim for the middle: beautiful and useful.

Blog Entries
    I don't have plans, but here's a link to a site with enough photo details that you should be able to figure out how they are made. Salad Tongs
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

3. e-mail me monday... i have designed a folding salad hands that looks like a set of hands and you do not need to bend the wood in the microwave.