Thread: Delta sold to Taiwanese company!

Delta sold to Taiwanese company!

Well, now I've seen everything. A company in Asia that has a manufacturing plant in the USA. I wonder how long that will last.

Quote Originally Posted by John Coloccia View Post
    Well, now I've seen everything. A company in Asia that has a manufacturing plant in the USA. I wonder how long that will last.
    How is it different than the Japanese auto manufacturing plants based in the US?

Many of the Delta tools got the Porter Cable name. Other than the brand name, I wonder just what the new company gets?

John

Maybe this will mean most of their tools will be produced in th US or Tiawan, and not China. Upstate SC has been bringing a lot of business in because of their low tax rates and good workforce. As a fan of Delta tools I hope they can get it together.
    Charlie Jones

I suspect that this acquisition will be the beginning of a larger trend of Asian (and other foreign companies) moving their operations stateside. I believe that this is being/will be done to lower shipping costs and curry the favor of an increasingly chauvinistic ("Buy American") customer base.

If these guys are going to make their product(s) here in the USA, employ more of our fellow citizens in the process, and produce a quality product that I can purchase at a fair price, I'm all for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Lomax View Post
    I suspect that this acquisition will be the beginning of a larger trend of Asian (and other foreign companies) moving their operations stateside. I believe that this is being/will be done to lower shipping costs and curry the favor of an increasingly chauvinistic ("Buy American") customer base.

If these guys are going to make their product(s) here in the USA, employ more of our fellow citizens in the process, and produce a quality product that I can purchase at a fair price, I'm all for it.
    I hope you are right in your first sentence and I agree 100% with your second sentence.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Here is a thread started yesterday about Delta.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...ley-sell-Delta
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Lomax View Post

I don't have a problem with either of your sentences, as long as they pay their employees a fair wage.
    Confidence: The feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation

Aside from the automakers, I think it's going to become a lot more common. Asia is where there are people with cash and not so much debt, they're going to be the high bidders for established businesses when the rubber hits the road. You can just about find a story a week in the business section about large parts of companies being sold to china (large parts meaning an agreed to percentage of shares).