Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Snow/sleet event moving in tonight.

Snow/sleet event moving in tonight.

It's been predicted all week that a major snow event would move in on Sunday night with heavy snow and sleet through Tues. I'm not looking foward to it at all. Looking outside now it is sunny and about 30 degrees. Light winds blowing from the east at about 5mph. I've got some outside work things that I need to get done today. Let's see what happens.
    Donny

Our major event is supposed to be Wednesday, this morning we just got a light dusting, but oddly enough for being so far away we have the same temperature as you.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

Wel the grass was green here on Monday and it's covered by a foot of snow now. We're about 2' behind for the winter so far but it just started snowing again. Looks like I'll be busy again tomorrow.

I'm just north of Dallas and we have a little more than 2" since late morning and still coming down.
    Steve Jenkins, McKinney, TX. 469 742-9694
    Always use the word "impossible" with extreme caution

Just west of Ft Worth, rained all morning, snowed for about an hour, maybe a little longer starting at 1 pm. No accumulation. Guess the cold air hit too late for us to get much. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Tuesday here in Cincinnati for a snow storm.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

Here in West Central Alabama it has been sleeting. Bridges are slick. Accidents happening around I hear. The big precipitation is supposed to come later tonight. Hope we don't lose our power due to ice!
    David

Looks like 30 will be my high today. Has been sunny and cold for a week with a dimming chance of moisture the end of the week. We are at twice our normal snow pack and the lakes are filling nicely.
    We just finish getting the ice off the driveway today.

Well, it's 9:30pm Sun night and no snow yet. The radar is showing it all over us but so far nothing. The temp. is 29 and falling.
    Donny

Quote Originally Posted by Donny Lawson View Post
    Well, it's 9:30pm Sun night and no snow yet. The radar is showing it all over us but so far nothing. The temp. is 29 and falling.
    Donny
    It's 11pm, and the snow is coming down in Buford Ga. An hour ago there were a few flakes. The roads are now covered, and I expect it's going to continue coming down throughout the night. I don't think I'm going to work tomorrow...

Several areas on 75, 85,, 285, and 78 are completely blocked by traffic accidents.

Y'all be careful out there!

About 2" snow on ground now. 26 present temp. Have a slight grade to climb leaving home. If neighbors don't turn the snow to ice spinning their tires I can get to Waffle House for my morning coffee visit.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bill LaPointe; 01-10-2011 at 12:26 PM. Reason: added pics
    If you wrestle with a pig, you both get dirty. The pig loves it!

4"-5" on the ground.
    Definately not going to work

Reminds me of when my dad retired to just north of Myrtle Beach from southern OH. Snowed about 8" on him the first winter. Can't write here exactly what he said about that...

We have 6 1/2" so far today. Still lightly comming down. 27 degrees freezing rain comming this evening. Great to be in the South.

Dave

Predicted to be around 45 here at noon. We've been hovering between 32 and 34 all day. Sleet - rain - sleet - rain . . . My office is inland a little west of Savannah proper. New advisory was issued just after lunch that is in place until 5. I only have one long bridge to go over on the way home. Hopefully it won't start to ice up! Y'all be safe out there.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra