Thread: New vector file

New vector file

I haven't bought my laser yet but I am making vector files so that when I do get the laser I will have files to use.

I got this pattern from a woodworking magazine and is suppose to be used with a scroll saw. I had all the patterns scanned so that I can create new vector files and use them with a laser.

My question is, is this cdr done correctly?

I uploaded the original image that I used to great the vector file.

Any input would be great!!

Todd
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Todd MacKinnon; 01-09-2011 at 9:17 PM.

Todd,
    When posting Corel files, you should save them in former version format..say Version 12. Many people here are still using versions other than the latest. I can't open your file because I am still using X3. Thanks
    Epilog Legend EXT36-40watt, Corel X4, Canon iPF8000 44" printer,Photoshop CS6, Ioline plotter, Hotronix Swinger Heat Press, Ricoh GX e3300 Sublimation

Thanks Larry

I have uploaded a version 12 file of Corel

Hi Todd
    Looks good except you want all lines to be hairline to be vector cut, lines greater than .005 or so will be rastered. If I have time i will run it tomorrow and post pic.
    Mike

Helix 75W runnin at 89W, Corel X3, Epilog Summit 25W (alive and kickin), CNC mills, lathes, vinyl cutter, Microflame Generator (flame polisher), and all kind of other stuff to keep things interesting

Thanks Mike

Changing the line size is an easy fix

If you're just going to engrave and not cut this out it would be a lot better to raster the image.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7