I am looking for a solution to a problem... gee most of us are I suppose...
Anyway I need a good circular saw. I also am in need of a panel saw. I am at a point where I have not ever used a panel saw except for at Home Depot. Circular saw I have used but not ever with a track. It appears I can built a DIY panel saw for around 400 to 500 dollars. I am also looking at the DeWalt DWS520SK track saw setup that I can get new for 399. The few reviews that I have read for the DWS520SK are very, very positive. I am in a basement shop and have to be sort of consertive for room but at the same time I do have room for a panel saw as long as it is on wheels.

The main question I have to anyone that has used or owns the DWS520SK setup is this, is 12 amps enough power? I will mostly be cutting 3/4 inch wood and maybe even some a little thicker maybe up to 2 inches thick. I am wondering if I should get an after market track with a 15 amp saw of choice, the dewalt DWS520SK , or just build a panel saw. I dont work with wood for a living but I do plan on building things as a hobby and I am also redoing a house that was built in the early part of the century and am building alot of built in items. I also plan on after the house is done to still build large items for friends, family and whoever likes my woodwork. With this in mind I am open to opinions, suggestions and thoughts.

Thanks for reading.