Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Place to buy Sanding Belts? - and tool gloat!

Best Place to buy Sanding Belts? - and tool gloat!

I have a 6x48 belt sander I found in the trash at work. It works great and the bearings are tight. I suspect safety red-tagged it and it got thrown out. It even came with a metal stand. Being free the price was right!

Where is the best place to buy belts for this sander?

Bob

Did you check the trash

Peachtree Woodworking sells 'em, but ... if it were me ... I'd buy 'em from Klingspor.

Oh, and ... for the record ... you suck

Peachtree is cheaper. Anyone know how their quality is?

IMG_2951.jpg

Picture of subject sander attached. It has a 3 HP Baldor motor and looks like it saw little use.

Nice gloat.
    I run Klingspor on mine. I’m very happy with their durability and they have the best seam joint that I have found.
    For what you paid for the sander, quality belts should be easy.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Elliott View Post
    Picture of subject sander attached. It has a 3 HP Baldor motor and looks like it saw little use.
    The motor is junk, and subject to spontaneous greasy fires -- doubtless why it was red-tagged.

You should send me that motor, pronto, and get yourself a REAL motor -- say, from Harbor Freight.

Bro: I KNOW you'd do it for me....

Last edited by Bruce Page; 01-13-2011 at 10:45 PM.

I don't know the quality, but the best price I found was grizzly, but I was also looking for 220g which is pretty rare apparently.

You can always buy cheaper. As with any abrasives; you get what you pay for. I cannot say enough good about Klingspor quality or their service. Dino Drosas
    The lyf so short The craft so long to lerne

I purchase my sanding belts form Online Industry Supply. Wide range of manufacture, quality, and sizes.
    Who knew your could have so much fun with such a small chunk of wood

I like Industrial Abrasives dot com out of Reading PA. Good prices and quality products.

Mike

I have bought belts from Grizzly and Klingspor - a little more expensive but the quality is much better from Klingspor. The Griz belts did not have a smooth seam and you would fee/hear a little thump each time the belt passed under the workpiece. The Klingspor were quiet and last longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Drosas View Post
    You can always buy cheaper. As with any abrasives; you get what you pay for. I cannot say enough good about Klingspor quality or their service. Dino Drosas
    +1. Klingspor is a major supplier to commercial shops. Their products have excellent quality.

+1 for Klingspor

Blog Entries
    +1 Klingspor. For abrasives there's cheap items that wear out fast and are actually expensive and there's reasonable items that last well and are actually cheaper than the "cheap" stuff.

That looks like a Kalamazoo sander. For some reason they are very expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by george wilson View Post
    That looks like a Kalamazoo sander. For some reason they are very expensive.
    I can't find a manufacturer tag on the machine so I don't know who made it. I'll look at Kalamazoo and see if they made it.

I am disappointed with the way the table is held on the machine. There is one bolt that secures it. IMHO they should have pivoted about a bolt and held with a second.