Thread: Tail Fins & Chrome

Blog Entries

Tail Fins & Chrome

Some of the classic cars of yesteryear in a private museum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbN_BAn55a4

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Thanks for that Jim. memories memories. Hours washing and polishing all that chrome for 50 cents.My fondest memory is the fact we could tell at a glance what make they were going or coming. The ride was like the living room couch. Oh waxing nostalgic is fun.
    Charlie

I enjoyed walking to school and seeing the cars and pickups coming up the road and saying Chevy, Pontiac, Doge, Ford etc. I miss those days, not walking home from school but naming the cars and pickup trucks.

All the cars these days look alike, American nameplates or foreign. It's to bad that things have changed so much.

I saw a split window Vette going home one day after school. I probably stayed there looking at that BEAUTIFUL car for at least 30 minutes.
    Randy

Don't worry abuot tommorrow, it may never arrive
    Don't fret over yesterdays mistake, you can't undo them
    Just live today the best you can.

Blog Entries
    Don't worry abuot tommorrow, it may never arrive
    Don't fret over yesterdays mistake, you can't undo them
    Just live today the best you can.
    I like that, reminds me of something from Kung Fu Panda,

Yesterday is history
    Tomorrow a mystery
    Today is a gift
    That is why it is called the present.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."

My Russian friend told me he hates the look of these old cars. I came close to punching him. There isn't a single car produced lately that comes close to the soul of classics.

Blog Entries
    My mom had a 1936 or 1939 Packard. I have a couple of faded memories of riding in that car. I was about 7 when it rolled out of our lives for the last time.

jtk

I'd love to get back 'one' of my first cars.. A 1958 Buick Century.. Metallic Green and chrome.. LOTS of chrome.. It had a lot more chrome than the same year Oldsmobile, or any other car of that year.. That was back in the day when chrome did not rust like it does today! I don't even think they use chrome on cars anymore. If it's shiny like chrome, it's probably plastic.. Cars of the pre-60's, had a real car smell.. A wonderful mixture of metal, leather, fabric, wood, and just a hint of gasoline.. Cars of today, don't have a 'car' smell, they just have the odour of off-gassing of various plastics and synthetic materials that become poisonous when burning.
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it

I love the classic cars of that era and wish I had my first car back – a jet black 1960 Thunderbird. It would be fun to drive in parades and the occasional Sunday drive, but there’s no way that I would give up my FX35 as my daily driver.
    Last edited by Bruce Page; 01-17-2011 at 12:17 AM.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney