Thread: Cutting angles greater than 90 degrees

Question Cutting angles greater than 90 degrees

Hello,

I am putting quarter round molding in my house. I have a wall that is 140 degrees. I figured I need two 70 degree angles. I have a compound miter saw, table saw + band saw. Any idea how I can cut molding at 70 degrees. Thanks.

Joe

2. Joe the way I cut a 70degrees is for the pease on the right, set your saw at 20% to the left, use a squire peace of plywood mabey 8"x8" aganist the fence so it just touches the blade on the right side and clamp it in place, now slide your molding in againest the plywood to the saw fence and cut the 20%off which will leave you with a 70% cut on your molding. Hope you can understand my description of this. Best of luck/

Have a great day

You can rig a 90 degree fence to your miter saw, like an "L" with one leg along the left side of the fence, and one leg parallel to the blade. A really square piece if plywood would probably work. Then you can clamp your molding to the fence and cut it at 20 degrees, giving a 70 degree cut. I think that's the safest way to do it. You could also come up with some kind of sled for a table saw, but that would be lots of work for one cut.

Edit: Looks like Charles was suggesting the same thing as I was typing. You're too fast Charles!
    Last edited by david brum; 01-15-2011 at 8:08 PM.