Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lost trade

It is a different process than what we usually do but we are happy to do it. Mostly with us it is just a reflexive desire to take care of the customer. Then, too, I was out of work when I started this business 30 years ago. No matter how bad work gets, it is better than not working at all.

We are getting more business from outside the US all the time and the government has been by encouraging us to export more. We seem to be putting together more packages of our ordinary lines as well as sourcing other lines for these shipments.

We have been doing business on the sawmill side with a fine company called Thode for maybe 15 years.

Send me a PM or contact our customer service and we will be happy to help you.

Tom Walz

P.S. As much as I love my country, we are not nearly as sophisticated as the rest of the world at this. We are about 100 miles form British Columbia. Everybody in BC takes US dollars with no problem. Almost no one in the US can figure out how to take Canadian money.
    I'm a Creeker, yes I m.
    I fries my bacon in a wooden pan.

2. I feel your pain. It can be hard to get stuff shipped to Alaska as well, and we're a freakin state! Apparently writing the state abbreviation "AK" is too much for many companies to get their heads around.

I ship my stuff to one of two freight forwarders in Miami. Both consolidate smaller shipments into larger ones.

One does air freight which costs about $3US per lb. They are clear the items though customs and deliver to my home. I reimburse them for customs duties and VAT. Items are delivered to be 3-5 days after they arrive in Miami.

The other one I use for sea freight. Costs about $150US per 1000lbs. Once I tell them to ship I get the item about 2 weeks later. I clear the stuff through customs myself. I'm sure there is a similar service for NZ. Call any shipping agency and ask about their LCL (less than container load service).

MK

Well there we are, all sorts of answers, from it is too difficult to we are doing well looking beyond our shore.

I use thode for my buzzer blade.

On the Creekers site, there is a Texan who has the bits speediing to his home as we speak,all I can say is, great stuff and thanks Bill.
    .. If walking is good for your health, the postman would be immortal.