Thread: bandsaw blade question

bandsaw blade question

If your saw uses say 105" blades could you use 104" or 106" blades?

I have used a shorter length.My saw usually get a 132" i have a 131" on it right now.Now sure if it would tension a 133.Hope this helps.

I have 2 bandsaws, one using 106" blades(Grizzly G0457) and cant install the 105.5" blades from my other cast saw with riser.
    My favorite cologne is BLO

Blog Entries
    To answer your question you need to determine how much range your tension adjustment has. If you lower the tension all the way to the bottom and then raise it all the way to the top, how far does the upper wheel move? You blade length variation will be double that amount of travel of the upper wheel. However, you will need to leave some range of movement to achieve blade tension so you can't use all of the range to compensate for variations in blade length and you won't be able to use a blade shorter than the low limit allows. Most of the time the saw maker has determined the best length blade to use. If you can't find the proper length needed locally in stores, order your blades from an online source. Most will have the lengths needed for common saws, or will custom make lengths for an extra charge.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute