Thread: New Angle Gauge

New Angle Gauge

This is a follow-up to my post about using a tilt gauge with your TS to give you a precise, easy to read readout of blade tilt.

The little Wixey angle gauge I used worked well, but I just got a better one:

It's the NEW Wixey and a little larger than the old one:

This one is chock full of new features. It can be used as a bubble level (no reference surface needed other than gravity):

Same size display, that you can "freeze" by hitting hold:

If you didn't catch it in the last photo, the display tilts too!!

And finally, no more short lived button batteries- the new gauge uses two easy to find, AAA batteries which have a projected life of 2 YEARS or more!!! You heard that right!! (and yes, the display turns off automatically, but the circuit stays powered to maintain relative calibration).

I have only had it for a few days, but works as advertised, actually it seems to be more sensitive and track better than my old gauge.

Usual disclaimer, no financial interest.

Does it have magnets on the back?

Interesting concept.
    Funny, I don't remember being absent minded...

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Westfall View Post
    Does it have magnets on the back?

Interesting concept.
    They are on the bottom.

I should have looked closer! I see the angle on the bottom now. I looked on Wixey's site but didn't see it. May have to look some more.

But I take it that where you said that it stays 'relative' to the original calibration, if my floor is a bit uneven (which it is) that it will still maintain angles relative to the blade and saw top.

Thanks for the additional info.
    Funny, I don't remember being absent minded...

Well, it is here! Looks like I may have to upgrade, which will give me 4 various "cubes".

How much did it set you back? I like the Wixey I have now but theis one looks alot more useful.

Jerry
    Confidence: The feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation

Alan, I don't see it on the Wixey site. Are you a beta tester?
    Regards,

Glen

Woodworking: It's a joinery.

Quote Originally Posted by Glen Blanchard View Post
    Alan, I don't see it on the Wixey site. Are you a beta tester?
    I have been a beta tester for some of his other items, but not this one. Wixey's webmaster is on vacation so it is not up on their site yet. If you contact them at their email address, you should be able to order one, however. His initial production run was small so if you want it now, don't wait.

Alan, is the plate you have the gauge on OEM for that saw, after market, or diy?

Quote Originally Posted by johnny means View Post
    Alan, is the plate you have the gauge on OEM for that saw, after market, or diy?
    DIY- its just a piece of scrap ply. I painted it black to make it look better.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Schaffter View Post
    DIY- its just a piece of scrap ply. I painted it black to make it look better.
    Sure fooled me. Looking a little closer I see the grain. I'm definitely going to rig up something similar.