Thread: Drawer pull placement

Blog Entries

Drawer pull placement

I am building a tv mission style cabinet with a large 36X7" drawer at the bottom. I want to install 2 1 3/4" ring pulls in the drawer. I was thinking I might not want to install them centered vertically but am not sure. Is there a standard formula for this placement?
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Blog Entries
    Anybody got any advise on this one???? I am hoping to mount the pulls tonight.
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I would install them (I am assuming 2) so that the center of the ring pull is on the centerline of the drawer. I would place them 24 inches on center. That seems comfortable to me.

Blog Entries
    As far as I know there is no hard and fast rules for this. I would suggest a bit of double sided tape on teh back side and stick them where you think they should go, then step back and see how they look. If there are two pulls, I would mount them 1/4 of the width in from each end and centered top to bottom if there is only one 7" tall drawer.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Blog Entries
    The pulls did not arrive yesterday, but UPS tracking tells me they are out for delivery today. So I will be mounting the pulls tonight. I think I will start by using Lee's idea for using the double sided tape and then placing them to where the center of the ring is centered vertically(Pat's idea) and 1/4 of the drawer width from the end. If I have success I will post pictures.

Thanks for the help!
    Larry J Browning