Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grizzly 6" flex and pvc

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meiser View Post
    Another tip on that specific connection--I've found a couple wraps of electrical tape works well too. Its easily removable for future changes too.
    Very slick tip Matt. Thanks.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Well, I made one as Ed (and Glenn) suggested and also one similar using 30 gauge snap lock. The former makes a nicer, sturdier connection, and the snap lock was a little easier. I pop-rivet'd the snap lock inside a pipe pc. Either way works. I did not try the heat shrink/clamp procedure as that seemed like more work and I didn't want to go outside to do it (too cold!). I did put a pc of flex inside a coupler but I didn't think I liked that approach.
    Thanks to all who responded for the great suggestions.

I can vouch for the 6" blast gates from Lee Valley as well. I am currently trying to build my system and just checked last night.

Notice....Be very careful with heating up the PVC...It will give off some very dangerous vapors. You don't want to breathe them!!!!

Use a hair dryer or a heat gun with lots of care, and heat the flex pipe up. It will stretch and you can work it onto the 2729 pipe with a little work. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Alan,

Where did you get the dust port for the saw? It looks like a unisaw and I have been looking for one for mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Ousterhout View Post
    Alan,

Where did you get the dust port for the saw? It looks like a unisaw and I have been looking for one for mine.
    I made it from MDF and 1/2 of a coupling.

I can attest that the 6" blast gates from Lee Valley fit perfectly inside 6" S/D PVC pipe. I did have to caulk to get a better seal.

Also, my blast gates are on the downhill of a Wye fitting so I had to secure the pipe to the blast gate. Used a couple of screws and epoxy.

Joel

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Moyer View Post
    OK, how do you get this to fit over 6" S&D? Has anyone done this? I haven't tried powder or lubricant yet, just wondering if anyone else has this combination and what they did.

It's the heavy-duty 6" wire reinforced clear. My part number was H1445. It is made by woodstock. Their number is W1036.
    It won't as others have said. What will fit is a 6" S&D coupling on the outside of the hose. That's how I made my disconnects, and a PVC 6X4 reducer along with short lengths of 4" pipe make up my disconnects for 4" ports that would be difficult to upsize.