Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: question about coffee and glue filler

I use instant coffee - under the premise that the heat generated from the epoxy will dissolve the instant grounds thus making a smoother mix.
    Don't know if it really works, but it sounds good. Of course you could use Folgers and the "Flavor Crystals" would make a nice enhancement.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Please see personal profile for website info.

Quote Originally Posted by David DeCristoforo View Post
    All you need to know is revealed here:

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...rs.&highlight=

And, yes... you must use fresh coffee. Sacrifices must be made in the name of "high art"... Sorry!
    I took the used coffee grounds to my shop in aluminum foil and set it on my heater, the shop smelled good all day. I have a good supply now. This is a picture of "Folgers in my Cup" I think I need red coffee beans This cup has no finish yet, I will let it set a few more days until I finish it. I love cherry tree roots! Thanks for all the coments.IMG_1277 (Large).jpgIMG_1280 (Large).jpg

Blog Entries
    I'm with you John.

My morning starts of grinding a nice Costa Rican dark roast and brewing it fresh. My other favorite is a Honduran normal roast.

Quote Originally Posted by David E Keller View Post
    I hope the new grounds work better since I never acquired a taste for coffee... I'd hate to think that I had to brew it, throw out all the dirty water, and then dry the grounds just to get a void filled properly!
    I know what your problem is David...you never had any of that old military field coffee where you filter the grounds through a dirty sweat sock. Once you've had that, drinking coffee is a necessity of life that you'll never give up.
    Success is the sum of Failure and Learning

I've found that building up the layers works well but I use thin CA. Also make sure to use a non-oily bean, oil can leach to the surrounding grain and it's harder for the CA/epoxy to stick
    Last edited by Jim Burr; 01-20-2011 at 2:20 PM.
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears combat boots

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher K. Hartley View Post
    I know what your problem is David...you never had any of that old military field coffee where you filter the grounds through a dirty sweat sock. Once you've had that, drinking coffee is a necessity of life that you'll never give up.
    That's true, but I think it also has something to do with the coffee pots that got left on all over the hospital where I trained... You would have needed a spatula to scrape the black, tarry goo out of the pot and into a cup for consumption. Roofing tar actually appears nearly as potable as much of the coffee I saw fellow residents happily consume.

Quote Originally Posted by David E Keller View Post
    That's true, but I think it also has something to do with the coffee pots that got left on all over the hospital where I trained... You would have needed a spatula to scrape the black, tarry goo out of the pot and into a cup for consumption. Roofing tar actually appears nearly as potable as much of the coffee I saw fellow residents happily consume.
    bleah. David, I thought drinking pot after pot of coffee was a prerequisite for residency - it certainly seems to be for my profession!

Quote Originally Posted by John Keeton View Post
    Dan, when I have used epoxy for filling a recess or crack, after taking a light cut to level the area, I will mix just a very small dab of 5 minute epoxy and with a painter's spatula, fill those air bubbles. Seems to work fine.
    Thanks John.

Dan
    Eternity is an awfully long time, especially toward the end.

-Woody Allen-

Critiques on works posted are always welcome