Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: question about coffee and glue filler

question about coffee and glue filler

When you mix coffee and glue, do you use new coffee, or do you dry your used coffee

Either one works fine. For as little as you use, I think it's easier to just use some fresh stuff rather that go to the trouble of drying out the used grinds.

I hope the new grounds work better since I never acquired a taste for coffee... I'd hate to think that I had to brew it, throw out all the dirty water, and then dry the grounds just to get a void filled properly!

Quote Originally Posted by David E Keller View Post
    ... I'd hate to think that I had to brew it, throw out all the dirty water, and then dry the grounds just to get a void filled properly!
    Keller, this is heresy!!!! The good Lord put coffee beans and chocolate here for pure pleasure!! Using the by-product for crack filler is just a bonus!

Perhaps I have a double appreciation for chocolate... Besides, diet Coke is obviously a product of divine intervention(all the great caffeine with the added bonus of bubbles)!

It helps being Dutch , when my coffee grind is getting low I just pick the filter paper with the coffee grind in it and take it to the shop, set it down on a block and let it dry, when dry it goes into a small container for when I need it, easy and I do like to have the use of the ground coffee beforehand
    Have fun and take care

I have used some instant coffee to add color to shavings and sanding dust. For some larger gaps, I have dampened the shavings/dust/coffee mix with DNA before mixing with 5 minute epoxy. It makes the mix a little thinner, but fills the gaps including small cracks and still finishes well with my oil/poly finish.

All you need to know is revealed here:

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...rs.&highlight=

And, yes... you must use fresh coffee. Sacrifices must be made in the name of "high art"... Sorry!
    David DeCristoforo

Quote Originally Posted by David DeCristoforo View Post
    One of my favorite SMC threads of all time... I was wrong not to defer to DD immediately with any coffee related concerns.

"I was wrong not to defer to DD immediately with any coffee related concerns..."

Indeed
    David DeCristoforo

Quote Originally Posted by David DeCristoforo View Post
    All you need to know is revealed here:

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...rs.&highlight=

And, yes... you must use fresh coffee. Sacrifices must be made in the name of "high art"... Sorry!
    Ask me if I am surprised that a guy from California would suggest getting art "high".....
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

ok Ken hehe are you surprised?

How do you guys avoid bubbles in the epoxy? Every time I've tried to use it to fill voids, I find tiny pits (from bubbles) in the finished product.

Dan
    Eternity is an awfully long time, especially toward the end.

-Woody Allen-

Critiques on works posted are always welcome

I dry out used grounds. Use recycle reuse.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Hope you all got a nice stash. Because this was seized at the border today.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Forman View Post
    How do you guys avoid bubbles in the epoxy? Every time I've tried to use it to fill voids, I find tiny pits (from bubbles) in the finished product.

Dan
    Dan, when I have used epoxy for filling a recess or crack, after taking a light cut to level the area, I will mix just a very small dab of 5 minute epoxy and with a painter's spatula, fill those air bubbles. Seems to work fine.