Thread: Unisaw is up and running(now with new pics)

Talking Unisaw is up and running(now with new pics)

Finished assembling my Unisaw tonight, got the fence and tables adjusted fairly well(I simply adjusted the fence to the miter slot for starters) and fired her up! Ripped a couple scrap pieces of plywood and some 2"thick pine that I had laying around. Needs some fine tuning(the blade is not quite 90 degrees to the table) and the fence needs to be fine tuned yet. Had previously cleaned and applied Boeshield to the table, but it seemed kind of sticky yet, so I applied a coat of Minwax paste wax to the entire table(including the laminated extension table). This seems to have made the surfaces alot more slippery. Then I have to wait for my mobile base to come(4-6 weeks),then put the saw on the base and finally mount my Excalibur overhead guard. I want to wait until I get the base until I mount the Excalibur, so for now I will be using the guard that came with the saw. Any tips on getting the fence fine tuned? I also had checked the blade alignment to the miter slot with an adjustable square and it was very close. I dont have any real precise adjustment tools yet, with the exception of a dial caliper. Is it necessary to have something more precise that is designed for this? i.e. TS aligner ,super bar, etc?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dale rex; 01-12-2005 at 10:28 PM.

picture?

Quote Originally Posted by dale rex
    I dont have any real precise adjustment tools yet, with the exception of a dial caliper. Is it necessary to have something more precise that is designed for this? i.e. TS aligner ,super bar, etc?
    I find that if you post a picture of your saw, the alignment gets better!

Corvin

Dale, i have the TS Aligner Jr. and like it a lot. It has more uses than just the cabinet saw, the site did have the manual on line, I can only assume that it still does, that you can download and look through, that is what convinced me to purchase. Also if you have a comment or question the owner Ed Bennett, I think is his name, will answer your email. If you do go this direction I would suggest that you get a contact point set for the dial indicator, little machine shop has a very inexpensive set in the $8-$10 range if I remember correctly, it adds even more versatility to a good tool.
    The Light of One Candle is Never Dimmed by Lighting Another

Quote Originally Posted by Corvin Alstot
    I find that if you post a picture of your saw, the alignment gets better!

Corvin
    Hey Corvin, heres some pics.....the saw is now aligned!

Quote Originally Posted by dale rex
    Hey Corvin, heres some pics.....the saw is now aligned!
    Dale let me know what system you go with and how you like it. I have been running my Delta table saw for awhile and have not tuned it to any great degree yet, but still good results.

I am curious what you find out. Send a private message if you want.
    Thanks,
    Corvin