Thread: New Video: Making a tailstock follow block

New Video: Making a tailstock follow block

Hi:
    I have uploaded a new video to Youtube. This one is about making a custom wooden follow block for the tailstock center. My apologies for the sound quality. i can't figure out what is causing the "Max Headroom" stuttering in the audio track. Any suggestions on how to cure it would be welcome. The latest "upgrade" in my video editing software seems to have created more problems than it cured.
    Take care
    Bob

Thanks for another great video... The drilling idea is a great one as well.

Thanks Bob, this is great!
    Success is the sum of Failure and Learning

Great job on the video. Stuttering and audio problems usually are caused by one of three reasons. The take up heads are dirty, the tape is worn, or the tape may not be laying flat when passing over the take up drum. Using a video in a woodworking shop can contaminate the internals with dust. Cleaning the heads can be done with a commercial head cleaner or a cotton swab and alcohol.

Great! and very timely for me. I have been looking at taps for just that purpose.
    Retired - when every day is Saturday (unless it's Sunday).

that is a lot of work to set-up for drilling a hole but the lathe will drill better holes compare to a drill press

That is a nice tip Bob, I did something similar for my lathe a couple of weeks ago, but mine isnt threaded, it just slides on the end of the live center but serves the same purpose.

Thanks, all!

Bob, thanks for the thought, but the videos are 100% digital, no tape involved anywhere. They play back fine on the software that came with the camera but when I use my video editing software that stutter shows up. It used to play the output of my video camera fine but I have been having this problem since updating the software.

Take care
    Bob