Thread: New Lee Valley product

New Lee Valley product

Is it possible to get excited about a shopping bag?
    Now how cool is that. And only 0.95

45k1683s1.jpg
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

Blog Entries
    I bet if you stop by their booth at the next woodshow and buy a bunch of stuff they would give you one to tote your purchases around the show.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Schierer View Post
    I bet if you stop by their booth at the next woodshow and buy a bunch of stuff they would give you one to tote your purchases around the show.
    Buy a bunch of stuff and get a bag? At those prices they ought to walk around behind you at the show carrying your purchase!

I'm just kidding (no bashing involved -just more than a little bit of jealousy). The only things I've bought from LV are some rare earth magnets . . .

Cheers

Jim
    Last edited by Jim Mattheiss; 01-19-2011 at 7:17 PM. Reason: typo's

OH, if only they were insulated, too!

Funny you say that.

I was just at a woodshow and in true Lee Valley fashion they did not give away the $0.95 bag but the $2.90 Lee Valley tote. Did not have buy a thing to get one. Had them stacked by the booth to help yourself.

45k1686s1.jpg
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lehnert View Post
    Funny you say that.

I was just at a woodshow and in true Lee Valley fashion they did not give away the $0.95 bag but the $2.90 Lee Valley tote. Did not have buy a thing to get one. Had them stacked by the booth to help yourself.

45k1686s1.jpg
    OK this a gloat.

As a Canadian I read the forum and this US member found this deal, and that one found another deal, and on and on it goes, at prices that Canadians only dream about.

Well, this is a true Canadian gloat...............I live in a town with 3 Lee Valley stores and I have both of those bags.

There, no matter how childish a gloat I feel better.

Regards, Rod.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Sheridan View Post
    OK this a gloat.

As a Canadian I read the forum and this US member found this deal, and that one found another deal, and on and on it goes, at prices that Canadians only dream about.

Well, this is a true Canadian gloat...............I live in a town with 3 Lee Valley stores and I have both of those bags.

There, no matter how childish a gloat I feel better.

Regards, Rod.

I didn't know igloos had internet access.
    Ron Conlon

I've seen LVT at woodshows for years, and never seen it run like this. Do they actually sell product at the shows in the US? Here in Canada the LVT booth at woodshows are "show" booths - they show + demo stuff. If you buy something it is shipped to you (free shipping) from LVT headquarters. There is never anything to pick up at the booth!
    "It's Not About You."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Art Mulder View Post
    I've seen LVT at woodshows for years, and never seen it run like this. Do they actually sell product at the shows in the US? Here in Canada the LVT booth at woodshows are "show" booths - they show + demo stuff. If you buy something it is shipped to you (free shipping) from LVT headquarters. There is never anything to pick up at the booth!
    It has been so long since I've been to a woodshow, that I can't recall for sure if they actually sold anything from their booth or you just ordered stuff. Guess we need to plan another visit to Woodstock, ON......
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Two years ago at IWF I bought a bunch of stuff, and it was the same thing as art describes - put in your order, and I think it may have been free shipping, but I don't remember.

It has been so long since I've been to a woodshow, that I can't recall for sure if they actually sold anything from their booth or you just ordered stuff. Guess we need to plan another visit to Woodstock, ON......
    Or to Hamilton next weekend... Hamilton Woodshow. (includes free admission to the Canadian Warplane museum -- I've never actually been, but I've heard that both are very nice)
    "It's Not About You."

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Conlon View Post
    Of course my Igloo has internet access, I work for a satelite company.

This week I'm working in semi-tropical Mount Jackson Virginia this week, so I'm running air conditioning.

It was obvious Tuesday when I was outside with the construction crew, who was the Cannuck. I'm wearing a flannel shirt, they're wearing hoodies and a winter jacket. I wonder what they're going to do if winter ever comes here?

Regards, Rod.
    Last edited by Rod Sheridan; 01-20-2011 at 6:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Sheridan View Post
    Of course my Igloo has internet access, I work for a satelite company.

This week I'm working in semi-tropical Mount Jackson Virginia this week, so I'm running air conditioning.

It was obvious Tuesday when I was outside with the construction crew, who was the Cannuck. I'm wearing a flannel shirt, they're wearing hoodies and a winter jacket. I wonder what they're going to do if winter ever comes here?

Regards, Rod.
    Hibernate?

At least the TV news shows will have something non-socio political to talk about.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Conlon View Post
    All the better to watch y'all try to play football when it's a bit "fresh" outside.....

Cheers -

Rob
    (only -25C here today, -38C with the windchill)

Yer making me laugh Rod. I arrived at Colonial Williamsburg for a conference 4 or 5 years ago in January and had to listen to other attendees from NC, SC,VA, etcetera complain about the miserably cold +30F weather they had been having for a few days. I was standing around in flannels and a windbreaker and told them I had come down to bask in the sunshine and warm weather. The day before when I had left my home in Chester, NH at 6AM it had been -28F with about a 20 knot wind and further north in NH on Mt. Washington it was -42 with winds above 100mph. It's all a matter of perspective. I had figured that an almost 60 degree increase in the temperature after a 680 mile drive was pretty nice.
    Dave Anderson

Chester, NH