Thread: Adjustable Drawers?

Adjustable Drawers?

Is there such a thing as drawer glide hardware which utilizes shelf pin holes to position them? I'm planning out a walk in closet re-do and I want the drawer locations to be changeable.

What if you build each drawer in a box and make the box so that it can go into different spots...

Well, almost. You can bore columns of 5 mm shelf-pin holes, and use System screws to fasten the slides in place. Moving the drawers only requires unscrewing those screws to move the slides. http://www.mcfeelys.com/euro-cabinet-screws

Blog Entries
    You could build a flat board under the drawer and use under mount slides to support the shelf/drawer combination using shelf pins.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

I think Jamie has the most feasible answer to my query. Though the other options would work [IE drawer box for each, or under mount slides]. Though I wonder how stable either of those might be with a drawer full of clothing fully extended.

Using the screws meant for 5mm pin holes makes sense.. So, I figure give my wife three chances to change her mind over the drawer positions over the years and then say no more.

These screws will also work for attaching rods to the sides, too. Though, I'm not sure if I will go that route. Mainly because I'm considering pushing the sides out 24" instead of 12 so that clothing and hangers don't hang out the side.. Then if I want to do inset doors based off those 5mm holes, I can also go that route and close it all in with frosted glass doors. Or maybe part.. I'll have to fully research that 5mm system to ensure everything is drilled at the right spot for future changes.

Thanks for the 2 cents, all!

My lower kitchen cabinets have pull out trays using drawer slides. It is built to do exactly what Jamie said so that you can move the drawer slides up or down by using the 5 mm holes and screws. It is a nice system and something I am considering for some shop cabinets.

You want to check out the pre-drilled melamine panels at H/D and Lowe's with a drawer slide. I would think that the holes are drilled 37mm back from the front edge and the back run of holes should match up to one of the holes in slide. Most drawer slides use std. hole spacing.
    Dave