Thread: Grizzly H8266 Machinist's 14 Drawer Oak Chest

Grizzly H8266 Machinist's 14 Drawer Oak Chest

I just received the Grizzly H8266 Machinist's 14 Drawer Oak Chest and am, so far, very happy with it. Plenty of storage capicty and it looks like it is pretty well constructed. I know it is not the same as the high-end chests made in the USA; it costs significently less than them. $169 was a lot easier to get by the wife that spending around $1000. Plenty of space for my pen making supplies and it looks good. It is bigger than I envisioned it would be (26 X 11 X 19 just seemed like it would be smaller).

So far I can see no negatives about the unit.

h8266.jpg

I have the exact same one, a fairly nice chest, I use it for small tools though. I use this one for my pen supplies. http://www.grizzly.com/products/18-D...Cabinet-/H7936 I have two of them double stacked. This photo is before I got the second one. I have all my pen making supplies in the two of them.
    Attached Images Attached Images

"The best things in life are not things."

I have drolled over this chest for years, I am jealous! I have always wanted to take the time to make one as well, my flat work as worlds better then my turning!!! LOL....glad you like your tool chest!

Glenn, she's a beauty, be proud of her!! Congrats!
    Success is the sum of Failure and Learning

Quote Originally Posted by James Combs View Post
    I have the exact same one, a fairly nice chest, I use it for small tools though. I use this one for my pen supplies. http://www.grizzly.com/products/18-D...Cabinet-/H7936 I have two of them double stacked. This photo is before I got the second one. I have all my pen making supplies in the two of them.
    I considered getting a couple of the H7936 as well but I wanted the deeper drawers. I use pill bottles for small parts and the 2" deep drawers work fine for them. The top compartment was a plus as well. The bottom drawer is perfect for my presentation boxes - it will hold quite a few of them (22 in fact). About the only things I cannot keep in it are my epoxy and CA bottles - afraid of leakage since I have had a few accidents already with them.

I looked at Gerstner but the prices were way out of my range. The closest in capacity to the Grizly was over $1200 more than what I pai for this one.

Congrats! Looks great! G