Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I pulled the trigger on the DJ-20 thanks to ya'll (I'm am from Texas)

I pulled the trigger on the DJ-20 thanks to ya'll (I'm am from Texas)

Well, believe it or not, everyone who responded to my thread actually helped me get the joiner. My wife read what everyone wrote and told me if it really is that good of a tool and you promise you won't ever want to upgrade it, then go ahead. I ended up paying the full $850 for it, but the previous owner only used it in his personal shop for about 2 years and then moved into metal working. I did get the owner to throw in free delivery. I will post more pictures when I get it in my shop........Do you believe that she actually bought the "I promise to never want a better machine in the future" line again, this has to be the tenth time I have used it.

Way to go silas!

but i think it was my input of her getin that gift on top that put her over the edge in your favor
    If in Doubt? Build it Stought!

Way to go Silas. We are going to need pics once you get that puppy set up.

I would be careful though on making promises. Well, maybe not on making them but rather who you gloat about it to.
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Silas Smith
    Do you believe that she actually bought the "I promise to never want a better machine in the future" line again, this has to be the tenth time I have used it.
    no she didn't, the power is in her letting you think she bought it.

Keith

Silas, congratulations on the jointer. As you know, we will want to see lots of pictures.

Also, I don't mean to nitpick, but you only thanked one person, "Y'all" is singular where I come from, the plural form is "all yall"

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Ford
    Silas, congratulations on the jointer. As you know, we will want to see lots of pictures.

Also, I don't mean to nitpick, but you only thanked one person, "Y'all" is singular where I come from, the plural form is "all yall"

yahoo ya do no the lingo dwn thr/jist lik the term "bogur light'
    If in Doubt? Build it Stought!

WOW, not only a great price but free shipment as well! Way to go!

Silas,

I am also in Houston. Please hurry, I have some wide boards that need to be worked on. Congradulations!

Brian

Silas -

Congratulations. You wife is a very astute woman. You also got a great deal! Free delivery, too!

Ted

GREAT STEAL, ooops I Mean Score!
    Wood is Good!
    Greetings from The Green Mountain State!

Kurt

Congrats, Silas! Great machine for a great price. As for the "never to upgrade it" thing, it's all in what you call "upgrade". For instance, the DJ20, with its fantastic bed design, length and power, is fantastic "as is". BUT, there are also Helical cutterheads now available for it! Let's not forget about a power feeder, too! See, you can keep the "same" machine, but still improve on it!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

You will keep us updated on the final cost right? The one that includes the cost of your wife's bill when she drops it on you. No way in heck, she ain't cooking up somethin in the back of her head like "... since I let him get that joiner thingy, now I can get that new ????? for myself..."
    Use the fence Luke

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Shepard
    You will keep us updated on the final cost right? The one that includes the cost of your wife's bill when she drops it on you. No way in heck, she ain't cooking up somethin in the back of her head like "... since I let him get that joiner thingy, now I can get that new ????? for myself..."
    The final bill is about $2850. She mentioned that she really wanted to get a new sewing machine and she has a friend in the business that can get her one for 50% off. For $2000 I could get a decked out Unisaw, but I decided to wait until the joiner is here before negotiating further. What is she going to do, move the 500 LBS beast onto the curb? Let the battle of wits begin, now if I could just remember where I put my wits....

Its a great machine as is! You should love it! I never have to adjust mine!
    "All great work starts with love .... then it is no longer work"

You could always teach her how to sew 2 sheets of 3/4" plywood together Then she could help you in the shop!