Thread: Need source or idea for sign pole?

Need source or idea for sign pole?

I have a customer that wants several signs made that people will carry in a parade. The sign itself will be made of Sintra or similar material with vinyl so weight will be modest. What I am trying to determine if anyone makes a pole that will attach to a sign or do I have to fabricate something myself?

Approximate size of sign would be 18 inches by 36 inches. Pole would be four or five feet long.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

I'm thinking a staplegun and broomstick or closet rod, whatever is cheaper.

Gary

Gary,

I have to have something with a more finished look as they are going to use them multiple times. I appreciate your suggestion.

Last time I did some of those I got the 8' 1x2 fir, cut them in half, and hit the last foot of one end with the sander to round the corners and smooth the edges. I think I paid $1.99 so that's a buck per pole. Sintra will crack easily at the hole if it gets bumped hard, so put any screws at least 3-4" from the top and bottom of the signs. Coroplast/Corex is lighter, cheaper, and can be stapled on and holds up fine if they take care of it.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green