Thread: Senco Pinner Question

Senco Pinner Question

I recently picked up a Senco 23ga pinner. I've noticed that the pins are just driven flush with the surface, not sunk in like I have my other nailers set. There is no depth-of-drive setting that I can find and the manual is horrible. Is this normal? I tried both 3/4 and 5/8 pins in red oak.

If it is new, you might want to return it. I have a Senco 23 ga., and it is not great, but there is a bit of a contersink, on all length nails.
    Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meiser
    I recently picked up a Senco 23ga pinner. I've noticed that the pins are just driven flush with the surface, not sunk in like I have my other nailers set. There is no depth-of-drive setting that I can find and the manual is horrible. Is this normal? I tried both 3/4 and 5/8 pins in red oak.
    Matt,

I'm looking to buy one eventually and looked at the reviews on the Amazon site. Looks like people either love or hate the Senco pinner. Sounds like there is a depth adjustment (don't know where though) and you might need to just increase the air pressure. I have a Accuset finish nailer and brad nailer and haven't had any problems with them. Nail depth adjustment is obvious on them.

Pete

matt on my 18 ga. there is a slot where you can move a slide with attached allen wrench i looked at the pinner on there web site and they say it has power adjustment for hardwoods. might be under the trigger or on the main frame. look at your manual if you havnt already for power adjustment.just a idea
    If in Doubt? Build it Stought!

You might think about returning and buying the PC, I've had no issues and have driven in into Wenge.
    Scott C. in KC
    Befco Designs

Matt,

Same thing here and the following is the response I got (within an hour) from Senco: What I ended up doing was to loosen the allen screws holding on the plate cover and there was enough play with the holes to raise it enough to make the pins seat a fraction under the surface-works for me.) They are designed to drive flush.

Sent: Monday, November 15, 2004 1:28 PM
    To: Hal Flynt
    Subject: RE: Finish Pro 10

The only way to get more depth of drive is to grind off a bit of the nose, or decrease the height of the piston stop (the inner bumper the driver/piston slams into at the bottom of the stoke).

The tool (out of the box) should be able to drive flush. See attachment.

Thanks,

Robert F. Stewart

Hal,
    I also emailed Senco today and got a reply from the same guy. In mine, he said they don't recommend the grinding operation--must have gotten in trouble for it! I'll try the change you made--sounds like it should do the trick. If not, Mr. Grinder meet Mr. Pinner, Mr. Pinner.....

I bought this off Ebay, so unfortunately I can't return it.