Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newbie here at John Keeton's request

Newbie here at John Keeton's request

At the request from John Keeton I am attempting to post some info about myself along with photos of my work. I am a woodturner (1 strike against me) I have been turning for approx 15 yrs and now specialize in Southwestern Native Basket forms. The photos are of an Apache Wedding Basket completed in 09'. Size is 14" D x 1.75" H., Turned green from hard Maple, alcahol soaked, paper wrapped & allowed to dry for 4 wks. Remounted onto lathe, finished turned, pyrography applied on beads then dyed & finished. I hope I have posted this correctly!! Thanks to all
    Jim Adkins in MO
    Attached Images Attached Images

Jim......Welcome to the Creek!

What extraordinarily beautiful work! I don't know if I would have skill or the patience.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Newbie to the Creek maybe, but that's not newbie work! Very nice looking piece. I had to take a hard look to make sure it wasn't basket weave. Welcome to the Creek. Look forward to seeing more of your work.
    Mark

You can sometimes count every orange on a tree but never all the trees in a single orange. -A.K. Ramanujan

Wow, you must have the patience of a saint! The detail on this is amazing! I'm glad John talked you into joining, I'm sure you'll enjoy your time here, as I'm sure we will all enjoy seeing your beautiful work.

Dan

How, White man with talent of "Running with Spear" welcome here, jk, beautiful work. I love this southwestern stuff.

Welcome! I am not worthy! That's a gorgeous piece of work with such rich color and detail. I hope you'll stick around.

Thats beautiful! Welcome!!
    "If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy" -Red Green

Jim, thats quite beautiful! I live out here in the middle of all things NA SW and am drawn to the pottery forms. After I get some more confidence, I hope to head into the design and texturing part of it. At this stage (for me) lipstick on a pig, is just that!
    Thanks for posting your art, and welcome from NM. We like John around here, so you must be ok!
    Michael

Welcome, Jim. Read on folks...

http://www.dailystatesman.com/story/1577764.html
    David DeCristoforo

Thank you David for the link.
    Welcome, Jim. As others have said, you most certainly have the patience of a Saint and are an incredible artist/craftsman. Thanks for letting John drag you in here.

Welcome to the Creek Jim. Exceptional work...

Welcome aboard Jim.

Your work is beautiful. I look forward to seeing more of it and learning along the way.

13. Welcome to the Creek! Don't be hiding beautiful work like this, it needs to be shared so everyone can enjoy the art, the artist and the knowledge you have to impart to others who admire your work.

I am glad JK got you to post...........may it be the first of many to come!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Welcome and wow! Very cool indeed. Can you share your steps to doing that work? Or is it somewhere around here on the creek? That's really neat stuff right there and I love the combo of the wood, colors, and pattern of it all.

Awesome! I've just started playing with pyrography and have some feeling for the time those would take me. Thanks for posting. Humbling...
    Retired - when every day is Saturday (unless it's Sunday).