Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Urn - Take Three

Urn - Take Three

I’ve been pretty excited to find this group of turners – pretty isolated up here in NE Washington. But I’m hoping weather will allow evening travel to Spokane to join the closest AAW club next month.

Here are pictures of the progression of the urn I posted earlier. With help from several of you, I will now call it finished. After turning mostly utility bowls, this had been an adventure. 2nd HF using the Kelton Hollower, first piece of cherry turned, & first attempt at carving. It was one of those projects that just would not let me call it done, until now. I played around with several ideas and had fun the whole way. It’s time to move on to something else.
    Comments & critiques very much welcomed. Thanks fellow turners!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Linda, very nice progression and the end product was well worth the time and effort you put into the changes! I really like the carving - great pattern for this piece.

Very well done, Linda. Nice shape, and the carving really compliments the piece. What are the dimensions?

Excellent work, Linda. Your overall talent shows through in all aspects in this urn. Very well done! Thanks for posting.

5. Now that is pretty, Linda! Very nice embellishment, and I like the contrasting woods! Nice going....
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Really a excellent piece. Thanks for sharing the progress pic's.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

It has been fun watching this evolve. It has come a long way from the "A Bomb" you started out with! This is a testament to perseverance. The leafless trees are a nice simple design that complement the urn nicely. Glad you hung in there with it!
    David DeCristoforo

Beautiful job! You certainly refined the piece each step of the way, and the finished product is lovely. Your embellishments look great and really bring the whole thing together.

That came out very nice, I love the carving you did on this, it looks great!

This all works very well together. The trees just set off a very pleasing shape. It looks good as an urn and would be a very nice lamp base also.

Well worth the effort! Really like your carved design!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

With the top, it is 12 1/2" tall. 5 1/2 at widest point.

I really like the way it ended up. The carving really complements the piece.

That is so NOT a bowl you must have felt like you were starting all over. I appreciate you sharing your educational voyage with us, concur on the props, and really like the "winter" trees. Is that what Wash looks like in the winter?
    mj

Very nice progression. The piece turned out well. I really like the pyro design, it adds a lot to the work. Good job.