Thread: Shop progress update

Shop progress update

0122111939.jpg0101111244.jpg0123111320.jpgI have been tr0116111633.jpgying to get a few things done in the shop lately. Here I have put my air compressor on a shelf I built accross the back wall of the shop. The shelf will be for storage of the compressor, unfinished bowls, and junk I don't use much. Another picture is a bench I compleated today which will hold my Belt/disc sander and my grinder for my lathe. One more picture is my grinder after the fire. It still works but will need some extensive cleanning to get it back to where it needs to be. I have 2 more benches to build. One will be for my outfeed on my tablesaw and the other will be for my compound miter saw. This process is taking ALOT longer than I ever thought it would.
    Donny

Sorry about the pics.,I'm having a hard time figureing out how to get the pics on there right.
    Donny

That grinder looks sad like that... You might want to replace the wheels if they have been exposed to high heat... You never know if there is a fracture there now or not...
    Trying to follow the example of the master...

Quote Originally Posted by Donny Lawson View Post
    ...This process is taking ALOT longer than I ever thought it would.
    Donny
    Donny, you're not alone in the realization that it takes a long time to get a new shop together. I'm having the same issue and am realizing that as long as I'm making progress it's a good thing. By taking more time than I expected I'm also finding that I'm doing more planning and the shop will be even better because of that.
    Don Bullock
    Woebgon Bassets
    AKC Championss

The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.
    -- Edward John Phelps